• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep803a questions

1800 Diesel

I took that to mean they turned by hand.

Not only are the units drained but most have been sitting dry for years. You often see the date drained stenciled on them.

I didn't look to see what that crushed set finally sold for in Albany but it was double what I paid for my unit last year.
Never saw a GL employee do anything by hand. What I have seen at Camp Shelby and a few other places is they'll ride on a mil truck with a slave cable and crank the generators over. The "fell-off-a-building" 803A at RAFB sold for $2801....complete with dog-eared fan blades and possibly a punctured radiator....I haven't noticed one like that recently at Albany, but a year or two ago, just about everything on that base (for GL sales) was either burned, crushed, dropped out of a helo or otherwise heavily abused....

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember, you always get what you pay for! There is really not a big profit to be made in small kva units unless you don't mind gouging people during the hurricane season or sell a system that you didn't repair and properly test! If I wanted a surprise I would buy a box of Cracker Jacks!

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember, you always get what you pay for! There is really not a big profit to be made in small kva units unless you don't mind gouging people during the hurricane season or sell a system that you didn't repair and properly test! If I wanted a surprise I would buy a box of Cracker Jacks!
Howdy,

What? The MEP-813A's sold for big money again... :cookoo:

MEP-813A = 400Hz generator

csheath

Never saw a GL employee do anything by hand. What I have seen at Camp Shelby and a few other places is they'll ride on a mil truck with a slave cable and crank the generators over. The "fell-off-a-building" 803A at RAFB sold for $2801....complete with dog-eared fan blades and possibly a punctured radiator....I haven't noticed one like that recently at Albany, but a year or two ago, just about everything on that base (for GL sales) was either burned, crushed, dropped out of a helo or otherwise heavily abused....
You are correct. That unit was at Warner Robbins, not Albany as I thought. It stated in the description:"Engine turns; cover damaged". Do you suppose they connected to the slave port and "spun" that engine?

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpg

kavesman1

I got my 803A from Albany about 2.5 years ago. Paid just over $700 for it. But since then, the prices have been steadily going up.

I got lucky with mine. After i replace all the filters, oil, batteries, and put fresh diesel in it, it fired right up. Has about 3600 hrs on it.

It does have a few issues. But with the info here, and a little bit of of research on my part, I've got most of it solved.

Now just gotta get a concrete pad for it to mount to, and get it hooked up to the house.

Hiblade

I own a mep 803a. yesterday power went out. I fired up mep803a but it wouldn't send current to my house. could circuit interrupter switch be bad and where would I buy switches like that. hope some one can help me

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anything else changed? Did it make power exactly as configured before? Do you have power at the convenience outlet? Cycle that switch a couple dozen times without any load on it... you might simply have a corrosion problem.

Weller

Is the circuit interrupter light coming on?

Mine has done that several times. I now keep a string of outdoor lights (under 10a) to run from the convenience outlet since I usually power up in darkness. My breaker panel is nearby so I power everything off and toggle the AC circuit interrupter (lights green when on). Can be difficult to see in daylight.

Guyfang

Staff member
I own a mep 803a. yesterday power went out. I fired up mep803a but it wouldn't send current to my house. could circuit interrupter switch be bad and where would I buy switches like that. hope some one can help me
Have you down loaded the TM's? Is this gen set new to you? Have you seen it power something before?

The chances of a bad switch are slim and none. Did you get an idiot light when you tried to turn the S5 on?

csheath

You should start your own NEW THREAD with the specific problem in the title.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks