• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rails up resto in picture form

Lindsaym151

IMG_0450.jpgIMG_0446.jpgIMG_0445.jpgIMG_0448.jpgIMG_0449.jpgIMG_0454.jpgIMG_0453.jpgIMG_0452.jpgIMG_0451.jpgIMG_0447.jpgWell we finally had some weather behind us!
I got the drivers side completed!
Had to work the corners at both ends of the full side panel, they where made way to large.

I installed the center panel, tool box cover ,battery box divider,front seat mounts, and foot well divider
total time 8 hrs

Lindsaym151

Next week will mostly be me going back and checking every panel to see if I have missed any weld and sealing any joints and seams that I have missed.
Then we start doing what I know how to do!
Body and painting!
The week after that we start on the engine!

Lindsaym151

I know it's been awhile since Iv'e posted here. I have been busy with the MVPA Winter Rally.

I consulted a good friend that has been watching the thread from the background and he showed concern with the way things where going. (he is a M151 expert)
I contacted my Brother in law and had him come down (not a hard request) its -10 where he is at!
We went through the whole vehicle and checked all welds, ground out what needed to be redone.
We are back on track with some new skills and the welding has been completed .
We are moving on to some very light body work.
Will hope fully be shooting primer next week.
Thanks Dave for coming down!!!
Your knowledge is vast and your humor ( at my expense ) is warped!!! NO PUN INTENDED!!!

Lindsaym151

I have finally come full circle on the projects , (other than the 151) that had to come 1st.
Barn repair and extensive painting of my out buildings and 6 commercial painting projects!
So this weekend we prime the body, disassemble engine and prep for new paint!
We should have the engine back together by Sunday night!
I will post pics then!
I will take pics of the underside then so you can see completed under carriage repairs.

Lindsaym151

ok, had the day off got in 8 hrs today!
Prepped the engine for paint!
This means got off all old oil and grease! lots of scrubbing!.
This is where you will see a difference in builders! ( it's not good enough to be just "good enough!")Spent 2 hrs cleaning and re cleaning!
Pics will tell all!

Attachments

Lindsaym151

Very busy weekend working on 151 project
Got her primed and body work to 98%
Put a build coat on her to see if I had imperfections to clear up!
Only found a hand full!
enough for this week!

Attachments

nattieleather

That body sure has come a long way. I like the dip stick and oil filler being painted yellow....though in my travels and time in the military I only saw them panted red...but yellow is more in line with modern practices. Good work. Keep us posted.

Lindsaym151

IMG_0774.jpgIMG_0783.jpgIMG_0781.jpgIMG_0780.jpgIMG_0779.jpgIMG_0778.jpgIMG_0777.jpgIMG_0776.jpgIMG_0775.jpgIMG_0784.jpgWOW,
I think it's been a couple months since I've been able to address this project!
Well a lots happened since Feb, Been putting a lot of time into the property!
Ive got a couple of tv shows filming here this year and my daughter has a few vintage modeling shoots planed here later in the year.
On to what I got completed today!
all footman loops attached or drilled out.
USMC lift corners attached and predrilled out!
rear light mounting fixtures installed!
Rear fording kit installed and predrilled all hole
Antenna mount dry fitted and predrilled all holes!
Front shovel mount acquired and installed!( this was going to be the hardest part to find , and it fell in my lap!)
Ave mounts installed!
Roof side mounts installed!
All this took 8 hrs , NO lunch, no smoke brakes!

Lindsaym151

IMG_0785.jpgIMG_0786.jpgIMG_0787.jpgIMG_0788.jpgIMG_0789.jpgIMG_0790.jpgIMG_0791.jpgIMG_0792.jpgIMG_0793.jpgWell we finally got there today!!! May 1st, 8 months to the day I bought this hunk of @#$%, .
Brought her back from the brink of being scrapped!
So many well known resto guru's said let her go! don't attempt to restore her!
Well I'm just stupid and hard headed enough to move forward and bring her back to life for prom season!
Check out this formal gown in USMC green!

Lindsaym151

Got 5 hrs in today on the project!
painted a bunch of small parts today!
Going to put her back together from the rear forward.
I will be taking certain parts and sanding , priming and finish coating them in a leap frog pattern as it takes 3 days from start to install with correct dry times.
Also ordered all my graphics today! Lead time is usually 2 weeks.
I do this because it's easier to apply graphics on each piece as we build forward.
I will post pics tomorrow!

Lindsaym151

I know this isn't correct t but I'm using all schedule eight bolts , washer's and star lock washers, and I'm not painting them! I want the buyer to know that it was constructed with the correct bolts and hardware .
Plus it look's cool! (additional cost to rebuild , 300.00 )

Lindsaym151

IMG_0815.jpgIMG_0832.jpgIMG_0831.jpgIMG_0830.jpgIMG_0829.jpgIMG_0826.jpgIMG_0820.jpgIMG_0818.jpgIMG_0816.jpgIMG_0833.jpgI got the wiring harness in today along with the engine!
Also a bunch of other things done!
check out the pics!
Will post more pics tomorrow evening.
I will be buttoning up a lot of things tomorrow!
Also have to paint a 1902 3 inch cannon!
It's gonna be a busy day!
Also a sneak peak into up coming Mv restorations !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks