• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 016c from GSA

combat32

Picked this one up from Arkansas Forestry today. At least this one is a 60 herz set, last time i bought a 400 hz set, runs great but about worthless.

This one is all there except fuel tank and starter. Looks like it developed issues and they robbed it.

Still a good deal for 50 bucks, plenty of parts, i might use this one to convert my 21c to a 16c.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
When this engine runs right, a starter is more trouble then it's worth. Ever since the electronic ignition MWO, this engine is simply great. The only problem you normally run into, is the carberater, (use carberater cleaner often) and the fuel pump leaking fuel into the oil. When the set starts hard, a starter will keep you from suffering a heart attack. I think you got a great deal. If you rig up a fuel tank, you will be in fat city.

Instead of starter fluid, on top of the carb, is a brass screw. Take it out, pour gas into the hole. I used to keep an oil squirt can full of gas, that I just stuck the end of it in the hole, gave it 3-4 squirts and then started pulling on the rope. The fuel runs down into the carb reservoir and you save turning the set over for fourty forevers to get fuel from the tank to the carb. Once again saving you from a heart attack. And you don't need starting fluid.

Last edited:

combat32

Just wanted to see if it would pop at all, no go. Pulled all the plugs and they are very oily, gonna clean everything up and try again but i think she was blowing oil bad when it last ran, lots of good parts on this set.

Looks like i have everything i need to convert the 21c, it has the old style regulator, hope it's still good.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

I have one that I set up to run the house 20 years ago, that was a disaster due to the way it was connected electrically. It is still sitting where I left it all those years ago after it burned up my satellite receiver. It worked great set for 110v, but 220v was a different story.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks