• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Having electrical problems - Ether Injection

Hulbert

So I am new to the site and hope I am posting in the right spot.. but I have a 1976 duece and a half and the ether injection system has stopped working... I had recently replaced the ether canister... it doesn't make a noise when I move the switch like normal... Any one familiar with what might be my problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Also, no this is the wrong place for your thread. This section is for issues with the website.

Maybe a mod can move it for you.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I am new to the site and hope I am posting in the right spot.. but I have a 1976 duece and a half and the ether injection system has stopped working... I had recently replaced the ether canister... it doesn't make a noise when I move the switch like normal... Any one familiar with what might be my problem?
Welcome to SS .
The Deuce forum would be the correct place to post for issues with a M35 ,a moderator will probably move it. This section is for problems with the website itself.

Ok so for the ether start system it should be a push button switch , you might want to post a picture of your switch .
Now I don't have this set-up on my deuce , but my backhoe and several loaders do and all are push button and don't make any noise , they spray a metered amount of either each time it is pushed , but only sprays when the motor is cranking.

Edit; related thread
Ether Start System
[h=1]Kat's Ether Kit. This could be fun![/h]

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ether start uses the same switch the flame heater used. In order to test, find the coolant temperature sensor for the ether start. It usually sits on the flange for the upper coolant hose and has a connector with two contacts. Pull the connector, short the contacts with a paper clip. Preferably with the ether bottle off, you can now flick the switch and should hear an audible "click" of the solenoid that sits where the neck of the ther bottle screws into.

The ether start will deliver a very small amount of ether, whenever the switch is activated AND the coolant is below a certain temperature, regardless of whether the engine is turning or not. Therefore follow the advice on the warning sign and only operate the ether start with the engine cranking to make sure the fumes are somewhat equally distributed between the cylinders.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks