• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

missing data or bad search or just I can't find it?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I recently read a interesting thread post about the patent office and when I do the search for it everytime it comes back to say page 112 in here but there is only 32 pages I can find. Did the searches fail or is that part of the thread gone?

Here it is, the search results that is

Show us your Military Trailers - Page 112
I applied spring fatigue theory to bandsaw design for commercial hardwood saw- milling, operating more than twice the tension of any known bandsaw, very thin. I went to DC Patent Office three times, 2 days each and learned how to do proper research there. I spent plenty $$,$$$ with the patent attorney.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?52277-Show-us...

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run into the search results being wrong on the page number a lot. It's usually because the search results are basing the page numbers off pages showing 10 posts per page which is the default forum setting. I view the forum using 40 posts per page. When I click a search result from the Google search and it takes me to the forum, the pages are usually off because it transfered me to 40 posts per page viewing. I don't use the forum search function so I can't say if it's the same thing there.

I clicked your link and it shows 32 pages for me also. If I changed to 10 posts per page viewing, I'd bet there would be about 112 pages, although I didn't try it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I run into the search results being wrong on the page number a lot. It's usually because the search results are basing the page numbers off pages showing 10 posts per page which is the default forum setting. I view the forum using 40 posts per page. When I click a search result from the Google search and it takes me to the forum, the pages are usually off because it transfered me to 40 posts per page viewing. I don't use the forum search function so I can't say if it's the same thing there.

I clicked your link and it shows 32 pages for me also. If I changed to 10 posts per page viewing, I'd bet there would be about 112 pages, although I didn't try it.
It's because of the default post count view vs what users can see. I will see if there's any work around for it. But it would take time for results to reindex.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's because of the default post count view vs what users can see. I will see if there's any work around for it. But it would take time for results to reindex.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
It was more of an explanation than a request for a change. I'm fine with it and it really doesn't affect me either way when searching. Not sure there is much you could do on the Google side anyways, right? I appreciate it either way though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks