• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air cleaner

CES 3245th

[h=1]air filter.JPG

Ithought I would throw this question out, aswell looking for pros or cons on this product. Has anybody used this AIRCLEANER CUSTOM KIT from Those Military Guys website?
[/h]

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have. It seems to let my engine breath better. I have a nhc 250 in my M818. The engine idles smoother, and has slightly better throttle response. I don't know if there is more power or not, but overall the engine breathes better with the smaller diameter filter.

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I got mine from those military guys. I waited until they had a free shipping and 10 percent off sale. They do stuff like that from time to time.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Since you have a nhc250 if you want more power it is best to fix an intake on the inner fender well and use the black out light area for forced air flow. I have an 8in grated opening that flows 40,000cfm of air at 55mph. With a high flow filter rated for 1100cfm she gets more air than she wants which really boosts your power. Also allows you to bump the fuel up

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

CES 3245th

So let me ask you this
, if you had to buy it again would you do it? And did it make a difference and worth the money that it cost?

thanks once again

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you have a nhc250 if you want more power it is best to fix an intake on the inner fender well and use the black out light area for forced air flow. I have an 8in grated opening that flows 40,000cfm of air at 55mph. With a high flow filter rated for 1100cfm she gets more air than she wants which really boosts your power. Also allows you to bump the fuel up

I don't think i have the room on my truck to do what you did to yours Wes. Not a lot of room under the hood of my m818 compared to your M923A0. I still like your setup, and have considered mounting another air filter drum on my passenger side fender, tying it in to the intake from the driver side to form a dual 5 inch intake system with some ram air scoops on top of my drums. And Yes CES 3245th, If I where to do that, I would get another one of the filter kits from those military guys. I think it's a worth while modification, which is cheap, and easy to install.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I don't think i have the room on my truck to do what you did to yours Wes. Not a lot of room under the hood of my m818 compared to your M923A0. I still like your setup, and have considered mounting another air filter drum on my passenger side fender, tying it in to the intake from the driver side to form a dual 5 inch intake system with some ram air scoops on top of my drums. And Yes CES 3245th, If I where to do that, I would get another one of the filter kits from those military guys. I think it's a worth while modification, which is cheap, and easy to install.
The OP has a 923A1. The 809 trucks get enough air where they are at.

big block 88

I didnt buy the kit. I judt cut back the inner flange that surrounds the filter. If you look up inside the air box you will see there is a shield surrounding the air filter and blocking the direct air flow path of your snorkel i cut that shield back anf noticed better response. So i wouldnt spend that kind of money on the tmg kit....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks