• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southwest area overland group?

Mos68x

I was thinking of creating an overland group for the southwestern area. Not sure if this has been done before or not, just wanted to see if there’d be any interest. I’ve seen a trip from Phoenix to the Flagstaff area at least and wanted to tackle it with my 5ton, especially since I’m building this truck specifically for overland expeditions. If anyone would join me let me know, I’ll see what I can do about piecing a trip together.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I was still in AZ! TX is great and all but the lack of public land makes off road trips **** near impossible. Shoot you have to pay someone to go off roading at an OHV park here or know someone with land.

Mos68x

Subscribed. I'm in PHX and interested in outings. I go out quite a lot already, just not with anyone from the M/V community.
Soon as I get my truck fixed we could crawl some rocks together. Might find me some good spot to prospect for gold at the same time lol

Wish I was still in AZ! TX is great and all but the lack of public land makes off road trips **** near impossible. Shoot you have to pay someone to go off roading at an OHV park here or know someone with land.
Come out here for a trip, we could plan it for a weekend you could make it.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come out here for a trip, we could plan it for a weekend you could make it.[/QUOTE]

Ft Hood to the valley is a **** of a drive in a M35.

Mos68x

So do I, bullhead isn’t too far from me. I’d love to try the route between Phoenix and Flagstaff the was highlighted by the guys from Dirt Every Day.

Mos68x

Spent some time with a fellow 5T owner a little while ago who has been on some of those trails personally with his Jeep. He said some are a bit too tight for the 5T, but what didn’t show in the videos is that there are usually some parts that let you bypass the most difficult parts. Soon as I finish my rebuild on my engine I’ll be seriously thinking of planning a trip. I know he would be game for an “exploratory” trip with the 5Ts, is there anyone else?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks