• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for up armored armor?

tigertank

great thread and great idea bank glass. we want to use my Humvee for our small police dept for a raid vehicle . we want to put some armor , but not .25 or thicker. any ideas? aluminum would be a good idea but isit $$$$ ? mine is a 1991 m998 6.2 so we wouldn't really want to add that much weight.

diluted

great thread and great idea bank glass. we want to use my Humvee for our small police dept for a raid vehicle . we want to put some armor , but not .25 or thicker. any ideas? aluminum would be a good idea but isit $$$$ ? mine is a 1991 m998 6.2 so we wouldn't really want to add that much weight.
I've never seen aluminum used as armor but I'm also new to MVs

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well I didn’t buy my Hmmwv’s for handling, fuel economy, or not to put wear on it so I think I won’t mind. ;)
I can say this. My 1038 started life as a 2 man. I switched it over to a 4 man soft top. Then a slantback with turret and airlift bumper and spare mount. I can say with great certainty that it's lost a LOT of power and agility.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
shield1.jpg
Had shields made of aluminum, and shield arm out of steel from original.
The rest is all original.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks