• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2018 TX MV Rally

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a NOS 24v headlight $25 but you’ll have to pick it up. I won’t ship something like this because I don’t want it broken and both of us be out. I’m just north of hwy 46/281 intersection above Bulverde.

Barrman

I have a dilemma. What to drive? I haven’t put the whistler wiring back in yet so it is out. I drove the M1009 last year. The M715 is ready to go and I had planned to just drive it solo. Then Jennifer went and got an infected toe that won’t heal. They put her in a full contact cast last week. She will probably still be in it the weekend of the rally too.

Why does that matter? Because once again there is an Autocross that Sunday morning a few miles down the road from the ranch we will be camping at. I plan to race and Jennifer wants to be there as well. She can’t drive herself or camp. That means I need to run 60 miles home either Saturday night or early Sunday morning to turn around and come right back.

I should have the fuel pump back on the Cowdog by next Tuesday. So it can do the drive. I of course want to show it off too. But, will Mullins let me park with the group at the museum? It isn’t really military. I could flat tow the M715 behind the Cowdog. Which if it keeps looking like rain again might be my best option for camping inside the Cowdog. High and dry. But that makes things more complicated and if I am on a time crunch getting back late at night or early morning. If something is going to go wrong. That is when it will.

anjay22

I have a NOS 24v headlight $25 but you’ll have to pick it up. I won’t ship something like this because I don’t want it broken and both of us be out. I’m just north of hwy 46/281 intersection above Bulverde.
I'm in Seguin

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

m715mike

Well, I may show up in the POV.

While checking out the Decue this morning, I noticed that it has a leaking hard break line. I’m not sure if it will get fixed before next Friday.

Either way, MV or POV, I’ll be there.

Looks like life has interrupted the fun once again. I will be unable to attend this year. Still need to get an in frame LDS transported from college station to the San Antonio area. If anybody is going up the from here and is willing to tow my M105 up there to have the engine placed in I would be appreciative. And will be able to throw some fuel money your way as well.

anjay22

Unfortunately I have some sad news that I am having a hard time dealing with at this time, and I know that you guys will understand. I decided to do some routine maintenance on my truck such as checking fluid levels, greasing fittings, and getting her ready for the trip to College Station, but the worst happened. As I was driving to my property to pick up my 105, the motor decided to over-rev to an ungodly amount. I did everything I could to cut off fuel by shutting off the pump, pulling the fuel shutoff, and would make an attempt to choke the intake but the breather was on. So, after I got my marbles together I was able to kill the engine by putting it into gear. I pulled her home with my Cummins and made an attempt to start her again knowing what to do since the injector pump throttle was sticking. Unfortunately the motor sounded horrible already and the problem happened again but I placed the trans into gear, and there was no luck of her shutting down. I know this sounds stupid and there were plenty of things I should of done, but when your pride and joy is under attack you try to make the best decisions and do what is best. It was a very sad sight to see and it took a while for me to get my bearings back together and I felt I should have let you guys know that way I can start being directed in finding new parts to get by truck back on the road. Anyone have a brand new multi fuel Hercules engine available?

John

Unfortunately I have some sad news that I am having a hard time dealing with at this time, and I know that you guys will understand. I decided to do some routine maintenance on my truck such as checking fluid levels, greasing fittings, and getting her ready for the trip to College Station, but the worst happened. As I was driving to my property to pick up my 105, the motor decided to over-rev to an ungodly amount. I did everything I could to cut off fuel by shutting off the pump, pulling the fuel shutoff, and would make an attempt to choke the intake but the breather was on. So, after I got my marbles together I was able to kill the engine by putting it into gear. I pulled her home with my Cummins and made an attempt to start her again knowing what to do since the injector pump throttle was sticking. Unfortunately the motor sounded horrible already and the problem happened again but I placed the trans into gear, and there was no luck of her shutting down. I know this sounds stupid and there were plenty of things I should of done, but when your pride and joy is under attack you try to make the best decisions and do what is best. It was a very sad sight to see and it took a while for me to get my bearings back together and I felt I should have let you guys know that way I can start being directed in finding new parts to get by truck back on the road. Anyone have a brand new multi fuel Hercules engine available?

John
Sorry to hear that. My LDS did the same thing but I shut her down before doing any permanent damage (I hope). I don't know of any new engines but TornadoGT or fuzzytoaster may have a used or rebuildable ones available.

m715mike

I will be there with my family and my deuce will be there in spirit.

John

sent from my super duper electrical device

Diddo... Looks like my Deuce won’t make it this year either.

There’s an engine in the classifieds. GL sold a bunch a couple years back. I purchased one at the same time as M35A2-AZ. It’s in my truck now and runs well.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...1D-Multi-Fuel-Government-Rebuilt-in-Container

Also, militarytrucks.com may have good take-outs in Liberty Hill, TX.

See you Friday!

m715mike

Looks like life has interrupted the fun once again. I will be unable to attend this year.
I’m sorry to hear it, but certainly understand how life can get in the way of a fun weekend!

I was looking forward to meeting you. One of these days, I’d like to drive down for the monthly San Antonio get-together.

Hopefully someone will drag your new motor home. Good luck!

Barrman

It is going to rain for sure this weekend now. I pulled the hard top off the M715 this evening. They say no rain until maybe Sunday and I plan to drive home after dark Saturday. What could go wrong?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks