• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yearly Tow Plans for your FMTV and other vehicles

coachgeo

PLEASE ADD YOUR .02 cents.

AAA- So far seems they will NOT cover tow under their plan unless you have converted to an RV. Having RV Tow coverage with them is worthless if you do not have it converted. (Think minimum requirement is a fixed toilet) Now that is on paper. When the Tow guy shows up...... may not care knowing will get paid...... may say FU going to charge you out the ARSE cause they feel they will make more $$$ charging you instead of fudging AAA.

Best World Club- Just started on this plan. Number of Tows/yr: 4 tows per year combined with all rigs on your plan. at 100 miles/tow when purchase the correct plan... AND THEY WILL TOW LARGE RIGS with RV PLAN rather it be an RV or not. I asked about Military vehicle and they were fine with that. (then again... sales person.. they may get commission and may not know Shiat cept sell sell sell. Though person I talked to sounded bit knowledgeable. ) Presently as of 01/01/2018 that runs me $120/yr. for one Car, one motorcycle, one LMTV. So far.... being smaller company.... you actually reach a person on the phone pretty easy.

Again please add your .02

Last edited:

coachgeo

Do you have a website? I looked into "Better World Club" a couple months back, but they quoted me $189.00 for two trucks and an M1088?
https://www.betterworldclub.com/

IMHO 189 bucks for towing is comparable to AAA for that combination. Was quoted about that for my car, motorcycle and an RV. There may be a special going on right now at BWC. I also got a discount for switching from another service.

Last edited:

Rebuilder

I was just reading through the Membership Contract and it says "There will be a price cap of $300 on RV calls" at the end of the RV section. I'm not saying the service is a bad deal overall but I thought it was worth mentioning.

aleigh

Forget the RV stuff. It's a commercial heavy truck as far as anyone is concerned. Look for "commercial truck roadside plans", you'll find plenty. Cost me $600 last time I got towed. All man hours, it was like ten bucks for mileage. Drop the driveshaft, etc.

coachgeo

I was just reading through the Membership Contract and it says "There will be a price cap of $300 on RV calls" at the end of the RV section. I'm not saying the service is a bad deal overall but I thought it was worth mentioning.
VERY worth mentioning... I was completely miss lead by BWC. Found the info you were referring too. will be calling and asking for refund on the RV and looking elsewhere. Not acceptable.

Last edited:

Strong50

has anyone tried Goodsam? i had a discussion with a "jeff" through their customer service line. He told me that any vehicle not used for business purposes would qualify under their premium program. I plan on reading all of the online literature this weekend.

coachgeo

has anyone tried Goodsam? .... told me that any vehicle not used for business purposes would qualify under their premium program. I plan on reading all of the online literature this weekend.
thanks in advance, for Keeping us posted for any info you might can offer up from pouring thru their stuff.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if this is breaking the “no insurance discussion” rules but my last tow was $850 and completely covered by the policy. They said I was fully covered anywhere within 200 miles of home.

coachgeo

Not sure if this is breaking the “no insurance discussion” rules but my last tow was $850 and completely covered by the policy. They said I was fully covered anywhere within 200 miles of home.
This issue is not related to typical overplayed insurance questions thus it should NOT fall into the No Insurance Posting rule but just to be on safe side since your tow coverage is thru your insurance...... I'll pass my questions to you via PM.

dbeasty

In WA the AAA with my premier membership is refusing the tow of LMTV, did ring SAM and they said they would not cover it either.. So another option would be good.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In WA the AAA with my premier membership is refusing the tow of LMTV, did ring SAM and they said they would not cover it either.. So another option would be good.
You broke, called AAA, and they refused? Or you broke, called AAA, they dispatched a wrecker, and the wrecker refused?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe it has something to do with AAA=American Automobile Association , not American Truck Association .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks