• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the CTIS angle valve serviceable

10Lugger

I had to order o-ring and still waiting on it, but I reassembled and seems to be holding for now. I just don't trust the o-ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

10Lugger

How did you get the inner portion out? I was able to take the cap off but that's it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
The check valve kinda protruded out as I took the cap off, due to a little air still in tire. I just grabbed with my fingers. Below is a picture of parts after cleanup and putting a small piece of rubber between valve and union.

I had to order o-ring and still waiting on it, but I reassembled and seems to be holding for now. I just don't trust the o-ring. See pics above.

coachgeo

The check valve kinda protruded out as I took the cap off, due to a little air still in tire. I just grabbed with my fingers. Below is a picture of parts after cleanup and putting a small piece of rubber between valve and union.
[IMx]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/6b8c2ccb3a289bf297c9a3a0dc89d85d.jpg[/IMG]
[IMx]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/760ef84a0fbeb88ad98732d01225d537.jpg[/IMG]
[IMx]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/6d6766319979041d975c8f099cc9afdb.jpg[/IMG]
I had to order o-ring and still waiting on it, but I reassembled and seems to be holding for now. I just don't trust the o-ring....
UPDATE: OOPS ignore rest of post below....... my bad. see you did just that in your first post so suspect you will do it with above post as well.

UPDATE TWO........... ok.. guess your not going to upload them so did it to preserve a good archive for future readers seeking an answer to this issue. See quoted post few pages ahead with pics uploaded.

Do future readers a favor. After posting. Go back and edit your post.... you will see that taptalk actually is hosting your pics and inserted a URL to the image in your post. While editing You can use this url to upload the picture to this site so they get saved on this board. Reason being odds are tapatalk will stop hosting pics. When they do threads like this one which is full of great information will end up useless.

ps... changed IMG to IMx in above URL's so you can see the url's and where the images are actually hosted

Last edited:

10Lugger

The Dana part number for the regular elbow is 673240, a truck part store should be able to order them for you.
Picked up elbow today, looks like the other two on the truck. I didn't install yet because I wanted to see if suspected o-ring was the culprit. So far tire is holding air after O-ring change out. If not, I'll change out elbow, but at least I have one on hand. Thanks to all that participated.

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully the repaired elbow continues to hold air, I gave up on mine and used the new elbows due to continued leaks. I have had good luck buying the CTIS parts new from Dana via the local truck parts store. They also have been helpful with the part numbers.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How tight do you tighten that right angle connector on to the stem? Hand tight, or more? I tightened one a little too much and drove the internal o-ring onto the threads of the stem (where Schroeder valve goes). The o- ring was damaged. It is supposed to seat on the smooth end of the stem, not the threads, right? I think now that hand tight works.

coachgeo

Picked up elbow today, looks like the other two on the truck. I didn't install yet because I wanted to see if suspected o-ring was the culprit. So far tire is holding air after O-ring change out. If not, I'll change out elbow, but at least I have one on hand. Thanks to all that participated.

uploaded the pics for archiving.

Attachments

coachgeo

I had to order o-ring and still waiting on it, but I reassembled and seems to be holding for now. I just don't trust the o-ring. See pics above....
uploading pics for archiving. Post 21 and 22 are same pics

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks