• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exodus Expeditionary Trucks (M1086 MTV, WRanger MTV 13, 97 Rialta V15)

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Coachgeo, follow that thread for the CTIS module delete, just replace the manual air valves with electric ones, that feed off the ignition circuit.
Side note, of course all your air lines, and brass fittings should be DOT certified.. their is differences in quality and fit. safety safety safety...

The air lines that you have to snake through the heater box to get to the drivers area needs to be protected, and shielded from nicks/cuts in that sharp box. Other than that, its a days job to do it right.
I like the ability to set my pressure on these big tires to exactly what I need, all the way to tire PSI specs.

cheers!

Aernan

yes sir.. 5 cam system, all DVR recordable, with audio and great night vision. also, 2 entrance audio/visual door entry monitors.....
you know, for that one guy that knocks on the door at 1 am wanting you to move 50 feet......
I would like to go with the same system. Did you use their DVR system? I would like to put video on the Internet so I view it when I'm not around. They seemed to have a system for that too but the complete system is pretty expensive.

Did you opt for extra UV floodlights or just the ones present on the camera?

I was also wondering if they could stich the image under the vehicle for rock crawling. It would be great to have 360 under vehicle view. Do you have any additional under truck cameras?

Aernan

I like the ability to set my pressure on these big tires to exactly what I need, all the way to tire PSI specs.
My CTIS is working great right now but this manual system is tempting. I would like to run higher than 55 PSI in my tires to get better fuel efficiency on the highway. From what I read I should be able to run 70 PSI ? I'll need to go dig up the thread to figure out if I can both have the electronics and the manual system both work together.

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to go with the same system. Did you use their DVR system? I would like to put video on the Internet so I view it when I'm not around. They seemed to have a system for that too but the complete system is pretty expensive.

Did you opt for extra UV floodlights or just the ones present on the camera?

I was also wondering if they could stick the image under the vehicle for rock crawling. It would be great to have 360 under vehicle view. Do you have any additional under truck cameras?
Aernan, The DVR is record-able on a huge MB chip.. makes it easy to transfer images of endless off roading.. lol.
For online viewing, I dont believe you can access the video feed .. without hacking the system. For external off site monitoring, I've used REVO Wireless cameras, they work excellent, you just need wireless internet of course to run/ access them. ( cool iphone app that works FAST) total cost on Amaz-- for 345.00 for 4 cameras.
Im using the stock IR lights on the 5 cameras as installed, they are pretty good. the cabling included with the cameras allows you to place them anywhere.. I can position any forward camera to the front axle facing rearward for a great view under the truck. That is where I've mounted them before, its just a boring show when parked.
The biggest concern is when parked, these trucks attract ALOT of attention, and the cams can be monitored for the folks that like to "crawl all over" the rig... and when in the mountains, the fuel thieves. I've ran off a couple before, can in their hand, staring at my tanks....

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My CTIS is working great right now but this manual system is tempting. I would like to run higher than 55 PSI in my tires to get better fuel efficiency on the highway. From what I read I should be able to run 70 PSI ? I'll need to go dig up the thread to figure out if I can both have the electronics and the manual system both work together.
Absolutely, There are a lot of schools of thought on the speed/ pressure school. I run 70-80 all day long on my tires, heres the thing: 1 they must be the speed rated tires, and 2. They need to be NEW. dont try it with worn tires that have been sitting on a parked truck in a depot for 5 years.
and remember, speed kills these tires, they are very soft. plan on wearing them out quicker, the faster you run them. The good news is that they are fairly inexpensive new.
I get a nice ride loaded, at 13 tons with the tires at 85. At 50 psi, my 1086 long bed trucks acts "squishy" in side to side movement and steering at 55 mph. ( they were designed to run 45 with young soldiers at the helm, so the Army specs are understandable)
Linking the CTIS.
The control mod reads pressure from the system, so I dont think you would have any luck "linking" them. Plumb total separate systems maybe- but I dont see the advantage.
There are two kinds of CTIS systems, those that are broke, and those that will break soon. I have several controllers, and the expensive air handling unit under pass side dash, the total delete was a no brainer for me. googl- the replacement parts .. ugh.
remember its a total system/ youll need a
-Good Air dryer
-good clean wheel valves, valve filters
-non leaking hoses, with new seals
-new inner wheel seals
great system when all the stars align. Lots of GREAT threads on here covering the CTIS break down.

Cheers!

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_1831.jpgIMG_1832.jpg IMG_1848.jpgIMG_1849.jpgIMG_1851.jpgIMG_1852.jpgIMG_1855.jpgIMG_1857.jpgIMG_1824.jpg Heres some Interior pix as requested. The theme here is the Australian outback, with the Cayman wall covering and native art..
:)

Last edited:

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful making your gas tank inaccessible to thieves. Around here if they cannot get in through the cap they use a portable drill to punch a hole in the tank and drain it that way. It is much harder to fix that than refill a tank. And the local authorities take their side when you call an ambulance to pick up what's left of what you caught. Sad state of affairs but it is the reality.

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOLOL EAW 46,
I operate on a bit different reality down here.

Be careful making your gas tank inaccessible to thieves. Around here if they cannot get in through the cap they use a portable drill to punch a hole in the tank and drain it that way. It is much harder to fix that than refill a tank. And the local authorities take their side when you call an ambulance to pick up what's left of what you caught. Sad state of affairs but it is the reality.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks