• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exodus Expeditionary Trucks (M1086 MTV, WRanger MTV 13, 97 Rialta V15)

StratoCrewzr

@Gunny 0369 Loved your setup enough to go and get my own M1082 Trailer and a Diesel Jeep Wrangler. Going to try and make the ramps long and then capable of sliding inward and up between the tires for storage.

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
@Gunny 0369 Loved your setup enough to go and get my own M1082 Trailer and a Diesel Jeep Wrangler. Going to try and make the ramps long and then capable of sliding inward and up between the tires for storage.
The 1082 is modified, lowered. Are you using a
2 door wrangler or 4?/
Disregard that above. I saw you bought a new jlur. I combo trailer/ flat tow my jlur using a blue ox setup.
highway running is ok, but i dont enjoy the speed the set up takes away from the rig.
Depends on the mountains your climbing I guess. Pm me for more pix if you want.

Last edited:

coachgeo

The 1082 is modified, lowered. Are you using a
2 door wrangler or 4?/
Disregard that above. I saw you bought a new jlur. I combo trailer/ flat tow my jlur using a blue ox setup.
highway running is ok, but i dont enjoy the speed the set up takes away from the rig.
Depends on the mountains your climbing I guess. Pm me for more pix if you want.
which set up do you NOT like...... jeep on trailer...... or jeep flat towed? Hard to tell by the post. Am myself thinking of flat towing my dieselized Jeep TJ.

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
which set up do you NOT like...... jeep on trailer...... or jeep flat towed? Hard to tell by the post. Am myself thinking of flat towing my dieselized Jeep TJ.
I like Trailering a 2 door, or Willys.
4 door is a bit heavy, especially on a unmodified trailer.
flat tow when u plan HARD wheeling,
Ie dont have to drop a trailer in theoutback-

coachgeo

I like Trailering a 2 door, or Willys.
4 door is a bit heavy, especially on a unmodified trailer.
flat tow when u plan HARD wheeling,
Ie dont have to drop a trailer in theoutback-
Im thinking weight reduction creating better mpg by flat tow??? and the TJ was actually built with flat tow in mind... hence why you see them behind RV's often.

TJ will be a capable rig..... for some exploring but not near as hardcore as I use to do with my 97 TJ... (daily driver but with 35's, Teraflex suspension/lift, 4:1 then later atlas tcase, did several Moabs, many many Rubicon trips, CO and AZ wheeling etc. back in late 90's early 2000"s)

Last edited:

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im thinking weight reduction creating better mpg by flat tow??? and the TJ was actually built with flat tow in mind... hence why you see them behind RV's often.

TJ will be a capable rig..... for some exploring but not near as hardcore as I use to do with my 97 TJ... (daily driver but with 35's, Teraflex suspension/lift, 4:1 then later atlas tcase, did several Moabs, many many Rubicon trips, CO and AZ wheeling etc. back in late 90's early 2000"s)
Absolutely Coach.
My 19 JLUR flat tows easy as well, real simple to hook up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks