Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Engine replacement for MAN KAT 6x6

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,684 Posts

Red you just saved me a lot of typing. Only thing I can add is, nearly all engines and automatics manufactured since the 90's are electronic control. It may be advantageous to purchase a wrecked entire truck with the desired powetrain in order to be able to harvest the needed electrical harnesses and dashboard controls.

Thanks

I personally would recommend staying away from electronic engines if you are taking this truck someplace you don't have dealership support. I'm not afraid of the electronic engines I even have most of the software packages on my laptop. I live in a remote part of the world and It can be a challenge to get support up here can be very expensive. I believe a good reman mechanical cat cummins or Detroit would serve you well. On a side note you were talking about taking it to Africa if that's the case I might also suggest a perkins MB or deutz. with a matching transmission. as for transmissions an hd series Allison would be a great non electronic option the 3000 series allisons are also pretty reliable I like the 7155 but would recommend against one as they are rare and parts are going to be hard to come by. what ever engine you choose get a turbo model it will require less cooling capacity.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to snowtrac nome For This Useful Post:

Zai (01-09-2018)

Private
    Thanks

Default MAN Kat 6x6 parts needed ASAP!!!

Hi

My company truck has had some mechanical issues and is stuck in Baltimore, MD. It urgently requires the following parts for Magirus Deutz V10 Air Cooled no 7787902 type F10L413F.- Flywheel, number on part R6635. It was machined in June 2016.- Pressure plate, number on part 142-005 or SA ref (South Africa) no LUK 8156.- Clutch Disk 420mm diameter 45 x 10, Spline number on part C420001 or SA ref no 61014.

The original vehicle was a MAN Kat 6x6 vehicle, hence the Magirus Deutz engine. It is quite old and really struggling to find these parts. We will order them from other parts of USA as long as the delivery time iss not tto long as the truck needs to get to Florida by 5 March.

Please help if you can... and thanks in advance.

Private
    Thanks

Default Parts Needed ASAP!!!

Hi, I know this is for parts found but I am quite desparate here and considering I will not find new parts I am looking for I figure salvage is the best bet. Below is a list of parts I need as my company vehicle has gotten stuck in Baltimore MD and urgently requires the following parts for Magirus Deutz V10 Air Cooled (no 7787902 type F10L413F) to continue its journey.- Flywheel, number on part R6635. It was machined in June 2016.- Pressure plate, number on part 142-005 or SA ref (South Africa) no LUK 8156.- Clutch Disk 420mm diameter 45 x 10, Spline number on part C420001 or SA ref no 61014.

The original vehicle was a MAN Kat 6x6 vehicle, hence the Magirus Deutz engine. It is quite old and really struggling to find these parts. We will order them from other parts of USA as long as the delivery time is not too long as the truck needs to get to Florida by 5 March.

Private
    Thanks

Default Parts urgently needed!!! ASAP!! Please help.

Hi, I know this not really the right place to post this however I am trying my luck anywhere and everywhere. Below is a list of parts I need as my company vehicle (custom vehicle built over a MAN Kat 6x6 chassis) has gotten stuck in Baltimore MD and urgently requires the following parts for Magirus Deutz V10 Air Cooled (no 7787902 type F10L413F) to continue its journey.- Flywheel, number on part R6635. It was machined in June 2016.- Pressure plate, number on part 142-005 or SA ref (South Africa) no LUK 8156.- Clutch Disk 420mm diameter 45 x 10, Spline number on part C420001 or SA ref no 61014.

The original vehicle was a MAN Kat 6x6, hence the Magirus Deutz engine. It is quite old and really struggling to find these parts (new and used seems to be impossible to find). We will order them from other parts of USA as long as the delivery time is not too long as the truck needs to get to Florida by 5 March.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,318 Posts

If you need it in floridia by march 5th you probably should look at getting it hauled

8. The Following User Says Thank You to porkysplace For This Useful Post:

frank8003 (02-25-2018)

4 Star General /Moderator doghead's Avatar
    MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,205 Times in 5,766 Posts

I've merged your 3 new threads with your original thread on this topic.

Do NOT start multiple threads on the same topic and do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum.
    M817, M818, M819, M35A2 w/w, M35A2, M109, M105, M116A2, M101A2, Pioneer tool trailer, MEP-002, MEP-017A, 5ton winch shear pins, Oral-B toothbrush

Ah Beefco Industries Northeast marketing associate

Don't judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=T6BTcEwtmZo

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,684 Posts

Zai, looking for V10 Deutz engine parts in the United States will be a exercise in futility. Except for a few imported cranes, this engine was not used here at all. You need to look in Europe.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,318 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NDT View Post
    Zai, looking for V10 Deutz engine parts in the United States will be a exercise in futility. Except for a few imported cranes, this engine was not used here at all. You need to look in Europe.
    Even the common small Deutz engines can be slow to get parts for . I had a Case/Vibromax asphalt roller with a 1 cylinder and it usually to a couple weeks or more to get parts .

Sergeant Major Howlin Mad Murdock's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt it's much of a help at this point but I happen to be aware of an engine that might work. I have a friend in Oregon that has a bunch of equipment and in the back of his shop, there is a v10 Deutz that I believe is rebuilt. It at least has a fresh clean and paint job if nothing else. Complete and ready to run as far as I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2