• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV HUMVEE Upgrades

PACIFIC1

I am looking for upgrades for my M998. Interior heat & sound insulation (Original style not required), back up camera, back up LED lights, interior LED lights, wheels/tires. Anyone know of a good source?

JoeJrTheBarber

Ebay / Amazon / The www..

I recently picked up a 1988 M998 which I have been collecting parts for same as what you are looking for. Due to the nature of the truck and the kinda "do what you want how you want it" feel of them
the sky is the limit what you can make work, and how to make it work. Most lights and electrical parts for over the road / heavy trucks and such is 24volt so that will wire right up to your truck without issue.
They sell power reducers that go from 24-->12volts to run things like interior lights / back up cameras / and other things you can only find in 12volt..

Do some google searches and you will be amazed..

JoeJrTheBarber

Do some google searches and be alittle creative and you can make almost anything work on these trucks.
Ebay / Amazon / and forums like this are all at your disposal...

kcpstudio

I’m going to be uploading a thread on my heat kit I’m putting together. It will be available soon. Average medium temps on the front seat areas 110 degrees, mid section of truck around 98 degrees, and rear seat areas around 90 degrees. If rear ducts are used, temps in rear seat areas will be around 110 as well. This is on medium heat setting with outside temps around 25 degrees. I’m currently running extreme testing on the system with outside temps in the single digits. This system does not replace the factory heat so you won’t have to rip all that out. I don’t have an exact release date as of yet but I am in the final testing phase.

kcpstudio

Just wanted to give an update to the heater kit. My videos ended up being too large to post. So im in the process of helping another member add this heating conversion to their truck as well as redo my videos in sections to lower the file sizes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks