• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this?

pmramsey

I want one of these. This is the 7th one to arrive through the Port of Savannah in the last 60 days. Right hand drives. Straight six diesel engines. Manual transmissions. Winches on all. Shipped for individuals not businesses... This one is the first hard shell that I have seen. The others were canvas covered beds with troop seats. 6 x 6 and only slightly larger that CUCVs.
Truck.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
These came out of somewhere in that area at the end of last year.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Six wheel Land Rover Defender/Perentie. Kinda looks like an ambulance pod. Interesting logo on side.201d5eecee774eadfe51117e49ddd478.jpg

Last edited:

pmramsey

Thanks guys. You were great help! Now I must track down the point of origins on these rigs. They are arriving on Ro-Ro ships having come through the Panama Canal.

pmramsey

The units that I have been looking at lately are running about $3,000 on direct ship RO-RO transports to Savannah. Meaning, once loaded, they remain on the same ship and they are driven on and driven off the ship. No forking or lifting

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m curious about the going price for one of these in the ‘States. Standard 4x4 Defenders don’t come cheap so what do they want for one of the 6x6 beasts?

LanceRobson

I don't think that's a logo. It looks like the red cross decal was peeled off and it shows that the truck was painted a different color scheme after the decal had been put on it so you're seeing the original paint colors. With that enclosed bed it would seem to make a great fishing and hunting truck.....

Thanks

Lance

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yea, shipping overseas isn't as bad as you would think. I recently did a quote for a potential customer on a M1083 5 ton LMTV from pearl harbor to miami for $4,000. The customer thought that was too high. Pfft.

pmramsey

The range for the 6 x 6 units have been between $12,000 to $48,000. As for getting them to the port, I have no idea. The only info I have is on the paperwork arriving Savannah from port of departure. These were all delivered in the 90s and the last ones were built in 1998. The engines are 3.9L. The cargo carriers are rated 2-tonnes (imperial) off road which translates to just shy of a deuce and a half at 2.4 US tons. There are single and double axle trailers to go with them.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Kinda pricey to transport bees in don't you think?

Unless your tranporting the Queen!!!!!!!
BWaaahhahahahahahaha

pmramsey

Yep. But, I am playing far less in the bees these days and spending much more time appreciating some old truck. Both bees and trucks can bite and sting but I am favoring the trucks more lately. I recently let a local guy finally talk me out of the last one of the two M818s that you pulled out of Wright-Patterson for me 7/8 years ago. He bought it with my last M127A1C stake side trailer as well.
L1000390.jpg

BaronVonSmooch

The Land Rover Perenties were trucks that were crated in the UK and assembled in Australia which makes Australia the country of origin. They come with a galvanized chassis and all have the Isuzu 4BD1 or 4BD1-T (turbo) engines. These engines are an Isuzu copy of the Cummins 4BT and run fantastically. The trucks themselves are all 24 volt as far as I know and Right Hand Drive.

There are a few Perentie owners groups and whatnot on Facebook if you are looking to nab one.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, shipping overseas isn't as bad as you would think. I recently did a quote for a potential customer on a M1083 5 ton LMTV from pearl harbor to miami for $4,000. The customer thought that was too high. Pfft.

That's about half what it cost to get a M925 from Hawaii to California in 2010. Post #9 of this thread.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?46921-Bought-an-M925-in-HI-should-be-fun&highlight=

From that post ;
[ Well here we go. These are my payments so far...

Runabout $1000
Local Support and Transport $ 650
Batteries $ 400
Shipping to mainland $5,669.91

Current shipping total $7719

I still need to get it from CA to Texas ]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks