• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help, SF97

Desertrun

I have purchased a M931A2 and a couple of trailers from Government Liquidation, Now that I am retired I wanted to start using them and the State of Nevada says I need an SF97, without that i can not get a title or any plates. GL says they don't do that anymore. What can I do. Any suggestions. Please.

Owner of very large paper weights at this time.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have purchased a M931A2 and a couple of trailers from Government Liquidation, Now that I am retired I wanted to start using them and the State of Nevada says I need an SF97, without that i can not get a title or any plates. GL says they don't do that anymore. What can I do. Any suggestions. Please.

Owner of very large paper weights at this time.
How long ago did you purchase them and from who ?
You can probably register the trailers in Maine over the internet search Maine's website.

If you bought the truck from GL the $60 you though you were going to save isn't such a deal anymore.

Last edited:

Desertrun

I am the original purchaser from Government liquidation,

M931A2 in 2013 Tractor
M101A3 in 2013 Trailer
M1101 in 2014 Trailer

I did not know at the time about the SF97 and would have purchased it if I had know.

Desertrun

So I got a great surprise, On Friday GL called and said they were mailing out My SF97 forms. They came in the mail today so hopefully all is a go now to get title to my purchases. I thought all hope was lost they said they could not do anything a couple of mounth back and was just about to take some other options and low a behold they came through. Now if Nevada DMV does there part. ??????????????????????

Thank You GL!!!!!

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I got a great surprise, On Friday GL called and said they were mailing out My SF97 forms. They came in the mail today so hopefully all is a go now to get title to my purchases. I thought all hope was lost they said they could not do anything a couple of mounth back and was just about to take some other options and low a behold they came through. Now if Nevada DMV does there part. ??????????????????????

Thank You GL!!!!!
Clearly you have been saying your prayers because this level of nice-ness from GL is unheard of. Yay GL!! (Miss you)

japickar

So I have a similar situation - just bought a m1009 from a guy who bought it from GL and he did not get a SF97. I have contacted GL and they also told me that all they can provide is a notarized bill of sale, that they stopped issuing SF97s. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a title? The seller gave me his original invoice from GL and I have a bill of sale from him to me. If all else fails, I guess I will apply for a bonded title, but I would rather not have to.

Over

Same thing here. [FONT=&quot]Got an email stating: "Government Liquidation can only offer you a notarized Bill of Sale". I bought the truck from a party that bought it from the original purchaser from Gov Liquidation. I have a notarized bill of sale from the party I bought it from and the notarized bill of sale from the original purchaser to the party I purchased from. I kept on the original purchaser till they provided me with the FS97, Title from the Government and associated power of attorney's. This was back in 2013 and the truck was not running to get a level one inspection and then title. To my horror when I went to DMV last week and the stuff the original owner gave me was for a different truck (he bought 3 at the time and screwed up)! I had sent him pictures of the Vin on the frame and the Speedo for mileage to make sure he knew which one I needed. It's my fault for not looking at it closer before filing it away. I do as I said above have the 2 notarized bill of sales as a trail to me with the correct Vin on them.

Anyhow for a bonded title in AZ do I need something from GL or just the Bill of Sales I have?
[/FONT]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks