• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat Hardtop/ Goat Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidkroberts

I am looking for a Complete Hardtop for my Goat. Colemans.com is sold out and i have a price for 700+ shipping from someone already but im looking to beat the price. Any Ideas?

Im coming back from Iraq next month and am going to hopefully restore the thing while im home.

If anyone needs any tires/ rims for a goat we have about three hundred here close and can arrange to have them shipped to you. Price is 50.00 a tire/rim combo. let me know if you need the contact info. The place doesnt ship at all but i have a guy that will take care of it for you.

Dave in Tenn

P.S. Attached is a picture of my goat and one of the little ones....

Attachments

davidkroberts

RE: Goat parts

im in dyersburg tenn ( northwest), ive been lookng for soft doors also havent had much luck. Myself and another guy are getting together for a trip to a salvage yard in kentucky to get some stuff. I think he said it was in greenville ky but im not sure. We are looking at going her in a few days to the next few weeks sometime. Are you the guy who had the mil trailers for sale on ebay a few days ago i think that was in whitwell?

dave in tenn

hummer998

Yes thats me still got the trailer for sale on ebay. Also have some humvees for sale. Let me know when you are going to KY might meet you there. I have heard of such a place but thats about it. I'm looking for bows for the cab and maybe some good tires, starter, battery stuff. I have a 1970 and trying to get bolts out of that body is a fight. Mike

davidkroberts

i can help with the tires we have a place here that sells them on the rim pretty cheap. I can bring you some up when we go up. let me know if you need any i have a few extra. Im picking up another 6 today. i have a 1970 also, doesnt mutt parts in alabama have a starter?

hummer998

I think so but I'm looking to see how many people out there might have parts for these. How much are the tires on rims? percent of tread? I could use 2 right now. Mike

davidkroberts

rtires are 50.00 a tire. tread is anywhere from 75% to 95%. havent seen any with dryrot. pretty good people. they were telling me they scrapped 2200 goats and the tires are in a mountain in the back. the list of goat parts dealers is pretty short, if you find a good source let us know.

davidkroberts

yeah thats all. we can have you all four shipped for less than 150 probably. call 7312877378 and ask for jerry hes the one who ships them. yeah they shredded all the rest of the goats

Sundance

Dave,
I have a gama goat hardtop in the original crate. I bought
2 of them 4 years ago from Colemans. I'm located in Cincinnati and would let you have it for $500.00. email me if you are interested.
Steve

Militoy

$500 sounds fair for a new hardtop - but I'd like to warn anyone planning to run one, that the sound level just gets higher with the hardtop! The soft doors show up on eBay almost every month - but it seems that they are selling individual door parts now, rather than the whole kit that used to be so common (and cheap). Living in the desert, I find the doors to be kind of a pain anyway. As for tires - the shipping is always an issue on the West coast. I bought 7 NOS tires from Antelope Valley Equipment for $75 each, about a year ago. The tires came down from somewhere in Washington State - and were still wrapped tightly in the original plastic. The only trouble I had with them was that they had been wrapped tightly and stacked in a warehouse for so long, that the commercial tire shop had a devil of a time getting them to expand enough to seal to the rims for the first time. The guys there earned themselves a big tip through pure sweat and perseverance!

Sundance

In our part of the country keeping the inside of the goat dry can be a priority. I have two goats, one with a hardtop and one with a soft top. I cannot tell much difference in noise levels. If you wear recommended hearing protection as we all should there is no noticeable difference. Keeping out the weather with the soft top is a real battle.

cowboy4581

I would be in the market for 6 if they are not weather checked.I just bought a goat and the sidewalls are cracked pretty bad..I am in Celina Ohio..Thanks for your time.. Glenn Gilliland

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks