• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just another hmmwv build thread.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I read the instructions and no where does it say to cheat and use a front end loader! @#!& wish I would had one when I did that....

Looking Good!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I read the instructions and no where does it say to cheat and use a front end loader! @#!& wish I would had one when I did that....

Looking Good!
The Front-end-loader comes in the original boxed kit Juan. You should'a bought "New Old Stock" still-in-the-box.

Dock Rocker

I was able to get the jack rails on today as well. That fixed two big concerns of mine. Not having a spare or riding around with a 165lb projectile in the bed has bothered me from go.

Also not having any rocker protection has been a real issue with me. I have had two occasions where I almost crushed a rocker on a ledge. This should fix that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dock Rocker

Well, after more than a year the stars have aligned. I have a little time, a good friend to help me and a lift!

Next stop 4L80e!

IMG_5828.jpg

Dock Rocker

Well I have some catching up to do.

4l80 is in the truck and it is awesome. It really is how the truck should be from the factory. Best mod yet.

While on the rack I discovers my pittman arm was jacked up so I ordered a new pittman arm and idler arm.

At the higher speeds tire balance becomes an issue. I am experimenting with fluid balancing them with antifreeze. Some have had good luck with that. I may end up with some civi tires that I can balance before it’s all over.

Lastly the truck is down now for some lizard skin. I did this to my first truck and it was awesome. Doing a layer of the ceramic heat protectant and a layer or two of the sound deadening material. BTW cleaning out 20 years of mud and grime sucks! And sanding sucks more!

IMG_7257.jpg
IMG_7256.jpgIMG_7259.jpg

Dock Rocker

Got it sprayed down and it looks good. Very happy with the final product. Even with the doors off it’s noticeably quieter. No more squeaks or rattles. It will be even better when I slap the doors back on.

IMG_7286.jpg
IMG_7289.jpgIMG_7290.jpg

I did have one setback. The rear passenger break caliper is now pouring brake fluid out. I was to tired to look for the cause yesterday.

IMG_7285.jpg

I did get a Ram console that I am going to try to make work. I want to stash a relay / fuse box and all my switches. Going to rewire all of my 12 volt stuff and add a few lights while I am at it.

IMG_7293.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks