• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

seeking a source for an M939 protective control box or repair?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is this for an A1 or A2 truck? I believe they are the same but things can have their differences. I have a good take off of an A1 truck for $120 shipped. I actually carried it around as my spare unit in my truck till i bypassed mine all together for a different setup. I ditched my ABS and a bunch of other junk though so mine was easier to do.

74M35A2

It is only two 24v solenoids inside. One for the starter, and one for dash power. Cole-Hersee makes them. If it has a small circuit board inside, this is simply to prevent re-engagement of the starter once the engine is running.

I am rebuilding mine, and then making an emergency jumper connector for it if it ever leaves me walking. This is just jumping the dash power hot leads together, since the starter can be activated via a screwdriver under hood. It is made from the base connector of a scrap PCB with a single large wire connecting 2 large pins together.

If you go with a modern starter that has a relay built onto it, you can bypass this function in the PCB which is half of its contents. You can then run the dash starter signal wire directly to the starter mounted relay.

Several options on PCB. Lots of rebuild info here if you choose that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks