• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from a NEW SS member (group) The Veterans Garage (Posen, IL)

The Veterans Garage

The Veterans Garage is a 501(c)3 all volunteer organization of Military Vehicle owners, Veterans and Patriots. We're reaching out to other regional MVPA clubs to introduce ourselves. We work together restoring, maintaining and operating our MV's in support of Veterans and Veteran related organizations. We have just received tentative approval as an MVPA Affiliate (voting on Feb 16).

In addition, we are assisting VFW's, American Legions and Civic Organizations with the restoration of Historic Military Displays (artillery). We'd be happy to share our experiences and invite you to visit The Veterans Garage to see what we're working on. We just finished a 1942 M5 Anti-Tank Gun and are currently working on another one. We are also in the process of restoring a Nike Hercules Missile. Check us out here or at our website www.veteransgarage.com , check out our photo gallery at www.veteransgarage.smugmug.com or on Facebook.

Respectfully - (#33922)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from KY. What took you so long to join? Looks like you have a great group of guys, (and a nice shop).
Those projects look fun.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Museum Operation Protocol usage program

Welcome aboard, thanks for reaching out and sharing the projects. Firing up the charitable organization and trying to work with greasy, hard nosed, opinionated, intense and humourless humans is the best thing I've ever done.......and the other guys will learn to appreciate me someday.

Looks like a great group so really looking forward to hearing and seeing more about that Nike. Met a guy with some resources looking for some accessories for a similar launch trailer so we'll chat soon.

A historical shot to get the visual part of the thread going.

nike-hercules.jpg

68t

Welcome from TN.Well all sounds great, Hope you folks do great.I did some time in the chictown area with the army on a Nike base years ago. PM sent. ;)

The Veterans Garage

Thank you! Thanks for adding the photo!

I've been on SS for a few years as an individual (mayorjoe), but now that The Veterans Garage is really gaining steam, I wanted to share our projects with the whole gang. I love getting the opportunity to work on these Artillery Projects and we're very proud to be a part of preserving them. Seems like SO many that are all 70+ years old are getting worse and no one has the money to do a proper restoration. That's where the idea came from - having volunteers do the work. It's awesome.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the country in Northern Indiana.

Guyfang

Staff member
Greetings!

Look for HERC help in the El Paso area. Ft. Bliss was the home of ADA for over 60 years. The junk yards are full of Herc parts. White Sands also. The last time I was there, the gov was still shooting Herc rockets, using them as test beds and sounding rockets. Lots of old Herc hands there and in Huntsville Ala.

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks