• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Iron Curtain" for my Humvee ? Reviews ? Options ?

JoeJrTheBarber

In my quest to make my new to me 1988 Humvee a 4 door hardtop I have already sourced a set of Hard doors, and now I am looking into what seems to go by the name of a
"Iron Curtain" aka a fixed rear window. Federal Military Parts has three different options available, a "basic" that looks like it has a camper window in the middle, a "deluxe" with a better looking / larger rear window, and a "premium" model with the back window configured in the same "style" as the windows in the hard doors. The "Premium" looks to be the one I am going to go with (pics below) but I wanted to ask ya guys here what you have done / purchased / when adding a solid back rear curtain / wall / etc to your Humvee ?

As always, any help is great help...

123.jpg1234.jpg12345.jpg

Last edited:

Dock Rocker

Look into Black Dog Customs. They are on Facebook. They are good people and would be better than what you are looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awol

I always thought the way the window sticks out like that looked a little funny. That said, having a solid back curtain sure would be nice.

JoeJrTheBarber

All of the curtains from Federal Military parts are cut to fit the "grooves" in the sheet metal and have weatherproof seals.
I am sure of someone wanted a solid / no window setup that shouldn't be a issue as he makes them all to order.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks