• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's involved with collapsing down a M813?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm trying to by my first MV (M813A1 w/w) and the shipping quote is scary. It would be $600 cheaper if the truck were shorter so it could fit on a standard flatbed. I want to see what is involved to hit the 85 1/2" reducible height as noted on the data tag.

So I know the tarpaulin, bows, soft top, and windshield will need to go down, but what about the mirrors and exhaust pipe?

cwedge411

Well, I'm trying to by my first MV (M813A1 w/w) and the shipping quote is scary. It would be $600 cheaper if the truck were shorter so it could fit on a standard flatbed. I want to see what is involved to hit the 85 1/2" reducible height as noted on the data tag.

So I know the tarpaulin, bows, soft top, and windshield will need to go down, but what about the mirrors and exhaust pipe?
Mirrors and exhaust are a bunch of bolts, they don't fold down as easy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Anything under 10ft 3in tall will fit on a stepdeck. This is what you want to haul it on. A regular flatbed is around 4ft tall. It will fit on it just as well without busting the cab down. Just air the tires down. IMAG00871.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to remove the tarpaulin so it doesn't get shredded. How will a soft top do at 65 mph?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely take the soft top off. If the steering wheel attendant decides to load the truck backwards, the soft top will not survive.
good to know. I will be there when they load it so it will come off if it's backwards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks