• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holes in HMMWV

MOOSERABBIT

Repair holes in body.....(I know they add character or attach original mounts). What have others done to cover/repair antenna drill holes on the hmmwv body? I have read through 54 pages on this area and have not come up with anything besides bondo.
Thanks
Gary

yamabro

I'm not a big fan of Bondo.
I took a Lincoln spool gun and aluminum welded some smaller holes. Then grind them down and paint. On the bigger diameter holes (1/2"-2") I made an aluminum insert and welded that in. After you grind down and paint you can never tell the hole was there.

Dock Rocker

The panels on a hmmwv flex way to much to get a filler like bondo to to stay. It would break out or crack pretty quickly.

Yamabro is correct. The only permanently to repair is to use a filler patch and weld it up, then grind it flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks