• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KaiserM109 & Steelandcanvas' Excellent Adventure!

steelandcanvas

KaiserM109 & I took a short road-trip from Denver to Ft. Carson today and picked up a sweet M105A2 trailer that he had purchased and waited for the EUC to clear. This was my first experience with GL, and we walked away like we had been treated right. The GL personell were very professional, knowledgable, and courteous. We had asked the Gentleman in charge if we could walk around his yard after we got the trailer secured to the truck, his response was no problem, lock the gate and stop back by the office when you're done. I thought it was time for a positive story about GL, thinking some of these guys have to be decent human beings. Kaiser & I had a good drive home (read Un-eventful) with the 105 towing perfectly behind my Dodge Cummins. We took a few photos, enjoy!

Attachments

steelandcanvas

RE: KaiserM109 & Steelandcanvas

That trailer has never had anything in the back of it 'cept for the vinyl cover...not even a scratch. I always thought you guys in the East had all the toys available.

KaiserM109

The tires still had the little hairs on the treats. This one and at least 2 others have delivery dates of 2006. I saw them several months ago when we were picking up a tent.

I want to add a positive comment about the folks at the GL sights. At Ft. Riley they helped me get road worthy in 115 degree heat. The folks at Ft. Carson have been exceptional. If you are ever there ask them to see the coffee cup with a picture of an M105 loaded on the back of a small pickup. I've been trying to get a copy of the photo.

It's the guys at GL in Arizona that I have my problems with. It took me 3 tries to get the EUC through and I started with a copy of the last successful one. Once it went through to Battle Creek, it was about a week 'til the invoice was issued.

Beastmaster,
An M105 in good shape with sides, bows and tarp goes for $550 on up. Take a look at the brake system before you pull it with a load. Old ones had only the "Supply" line, newer ones have a "Supply" and an "Emergency" line along with a "Relay Valve" and air tank. If it has the relay valve, look at the bottom of it; it should have a round rubber disk called a "Wasp Excluder" that protects the vent. GL, and probably anyone else who moves them around with forklifts, often break the excluder off because it hangs down below the frame.

Good, luck. Gotta go to dinner.

beaubeau

Real nice find!! I have had no problems with GL personnel at sites, the problem lies with Paperwork and or Staff. When I have faxed a minimum of 6 EUCS for the same lot, where do they end up if not at GL!!??Real nice looking trl. Good luck, Phil

DavidWymore

Steelandcanvas, your PM box is full.

I have a circa 1948 AC solenoid/contactor that releases the clutch/brake on a hoist in my shop giving me fits with chatter/bounce. Seems like one time you mentioned doing electrical, is that something you’ve messed with? Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks