• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

For sale forum rules change???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephirothq

Is it possible to allow comments from forum members in the For Sale section? I have a few things that I would post of sale and I would pay the fees to be able to do this on the condition that other members could post in my ads.

When you have conversation on an item it brings it up to the top of the feed more often, more discussion brings more interest and maybe shows it to a buyer that would not see it other wise.

I have heard in the past people were upset when someone would offer the same product for less money, it's a free market that happens.

Also some times sellers need to be brought back to earth on their prices.

So if we all could be big boys and girls I think free communication would be beneficial to both sellers and buyers.

Also if you look at my join date you will see that I am not new to this forum. I remember when we could do the very thing I am asking to get back.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But then some people would just keep bumping their ads to keep them 'on top" and the forum would be nothing but bumped
for sale ads .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No.

Moved to correct forum

I love it when members post a wanted in California asking for local items, and an unpaid member in Pa posts they have a truck fs.

If you can't get $15 worth of fun, help,info, friendship,and advertising out of this site, then something is wrong...

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In a perfect world yes, it would be nice to be able to post in a for sale thread.

The world is not perfect and that was never more evident than the way it used to be with the free for all we had in the for sale forums.

I (as well as other moderators) understand what you are saying.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There's a few reasons for the no comments outside the OP and staff in the ads. The "bumping" part has been established. But the original reason was due to poaching that was happening. IE: Fred has a tire for sale. George replies that he's looking for a tire. Then unknown to Fred, Rick has PM'd George directly and offering up a tire he has for sale and undercuts Fred and uses his ad to close the deal. Fred is clueless why George is no longer interested in his tire that he previously was interested in.

The other part is, the classifieds get pruned. We've had in the past a ton of information happening in classified ads that ends up getting pruned because the post will be deleted eventually. That's kind of a big thing here. (Retaining information and keeping it around)

I understand where you're coming from. But it just leads to more mess than benefit. If you'll recall the old classifieds system we used to have was a total mess. Posts that auto renewed with people that never came to update their threads. Moving it into the forums and making a section was for the best, but it had to come with some compromise.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once again, RULES are created because SOMBODY screwed it up for the rest of the population.

If Eve and Adam had not partaken of the forbidden fruit, women would not have the pains of childbirth, Cain and Abel would have always gotten along, and the world would look like the Garden of Eden even today.

Sadly, we do not live in a perfect world.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks