• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AcuTemp Refrigerator

Third From Texas

Interesting!! So I assume each port goes to one battery with a 12 volt charger? Could a 24 volt charger be used so only one plug is needed or wired I wonder. I see how that will work as it wouldn't be any different for the acutemp with the batteries hooked up and charged and being charged at the same time if that makes sense. No damage would occur to it and the fan wouldn't run all the time. I guess a basic trickle charger for a motorcycle is all that is needed, they use that style plug too. Great upgrade!! Not expensive either. I'd bet it could be used in the other direction as well if you can pull 12 volts from one battery for a phone charger if need be but I'd only use it that way if it were getting external power.

The batteries are independent on that side of the box. They are not in series (so not 24v) and not even in parallel. The unit will in fact run off 12/24v (even solar) thru it's internal controller. I just didn't want to push a charge thru that controller w/o knowing what it might fry.

I just top off each side with a couple small 1a NOCO chargers.

You could get two of those for half the price on a single charger that would push 5a to each.
I run this one on my LMTV and it's a great charger.

But for the smaller equipment I use the 1a chargers..

Third From Texas

Great upgrade!! Not expensive either. I'd bet it could be used in the other direction as well if you can pull 12 volts from one battery for a phone charger if need be but I'd only use it that way if it were getting external power.
Yeah, I added a USB 3 charging port inside the cooler. But I only use it when the unit is either pulling from the truck or solar. As you said, the damned thing will stop charging if even one battery gets low.

I tapped it back to a single battery.

Seemed like a nice place to set your phone while charging.. Still puts out a god bluetooth signal from in there and I can hear it if it rings. I feel safer at the beach having the phone out of sight anyway.

Untitled.png

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I added a USB 3 charging port inside the cooler. But I only use it when the unit is either pulling from the truck or solar. As you said, the damned thing will stop charging if even one battery gets low.

I tapped it back to a single battery.

Seemed like a nice place to set your phone while charging.. Still puts out a god bluetooth signal from in there and I can hear it if it rings. I feel safer at the beach having the phone out of sight anyway.

View attachment 905398
As many times I've had those batteries out I never noticed they weren't wired at the batteries for 24 volt...makes this charging setup much easier. A small maintaining charger would work perfectly.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks