Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: AcuTemp Refrigerator

Thanks
    Thanked 3,169 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rustystud View Post
    The frig will be mounted in my "S250" shelter which is on my M105 trailer. That way I can use 24 volts DC when driving, (I have a dedicated 10 gauge wire for power to the trailer) and then switched to my generator (MEP-531) 120 volts AC when parked for the night. Since I can keep food frozen I can have "TV" dinners at night using my small micro-wave.
    TV dinners? Bring the big gun and look for four foot/hoof/paw fresh meat!!!!!!!!!!
    I was a T rex in a past life give me real meat.
    Pray to God but row twards shore.
    James

Thanks

Thanks! If it were a red wire, I would be fine... But with a white wire on the pigtail, I was thrown for a loop...

4 Star General
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 807 Posts

Is there a way you can check for ground continuity between the black and something that should be grounded (maybe the ground side of the battery connection)?

White is likely the hot wire.

I should have a couple in a few days and can do more checking for you at that time.
    Chris Medico
    MEP-003a (sold), MEP-803a, MEP-802a, & MEP-831a

Thanks

In my truck (M37 / M42) the black wire is always the hot wire. White or green is the ground wire.

That is just me however. Military uses (or used) black for hot on my truck so I didn't want to confuse the wiring with different colors on the hot wire.

YMMV
    1952 M-37 / M-42
    1967 M101A1
    3 M-37 Parts Trucks
    Lots of Accumulated M-37, M-42 & M-43 Accessories & Parts

Thanks

G'day everyone,....

Quote Originally Posted by Magilla View Post
    I've got an Acutemp fridge as well! Ordered new 22ah batteries from Amamzon for about $87.00 (for two).

My question: Planning on hooking it up to vehicle DC power. There is a black wire, and a white wire from the connector. Stupid question, but which one is hot?

(Getting confused between AC and DC here... AC White is usually neutral...running to ground, and black is hot. Is DC opposite?)

Ok, this may sound like a silly question but why not just connect to the fridge's battery leads if your going to connect to your vehicles power?
    Keep it simple.

Aussie.
    M35A2c W/Winch & rear PTO

M105A2 with CBC Hardtop

A Deuce is what you get when your TONKA toy is all grown up!

Thanks

Thanks! I thought of that, too, but it would require opening the top, removing the cover plate and running leads to the internal battery.

Not that hard, and a great idea - but when you have a dedicated DC connector going to the controller that then recharges the internal batteries, I figured why not use it...

The other thing is, (and the only way you'd know it is if you had it in front of you) with just internal batteries, you can not change mode on the fridge from freeze to chill or vice versa, and the control board and readout isn't powered... meaning you only have a flashing LED light telling you if the battery is above 15% (green), 10-15% (amber) and below 10% (red).

I'm going with standard DC convention that black is ground...

Thanks again for all the replies.

I will tell you, this is a stout piece of hardware. It weighs 148lbs empty, including case and batteries. Not quite as versatile or "portable" as an Engel, but for half the price, I can't beat it.

dumpsterlandingfromorbit! gimpyrobb's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,584 Posts

Have you tried hooking a dvm up to the input leads? Never know till you try if voltage will be present.
    Last edited by gimpyrobb; 03-08-2018 at 03:12.

Thanks

Great idea. Will try it when I get home.

4 Star General
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 807 Posts

I've looked though the user manual and the maintenance manual and I can't find any info on wiring the DC plug. In several places I did read (including the battery install info) where it has said things were reverse polarity protected. Glancing through the circuit diagrams I can see plenty of protection diodes.

I personally would do some checking with a meter first to see if there are any indications which lead is ground. I will be checking those things out when the ones on the way to me arrive.
    Chris Medico
    MEP-003a (sold), MEP-803a, MEP-802a, & MEP-831a

2 Star General LiveFreeOrDieTryn2B's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope you get to go Rusty. I hope you take lots of pics we all love them here you know that my friend

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LiveFreeOrDieTryn2B For This Useful Post:

rustystud (02-16-2018)

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast