• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AcuTemp Refrigerator

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[QUOTE=rustystud;
Now I think we have given this subject all the attention it deserves so lets move on.
We could discuss how the TV dinners with all there sodium might kill you quicker than anything in Alaska.

rustystud

If your freezer is holding at -10c that does indicate you have a good delta-T to move out the heat from the water. What was the chamber temperature when you concluded the test?

Edit - The volume I was using was 8.5 lbs in the first two tests with 4lb 4oz each in a 1/2 gallon milk jug. The third test was using four quart freezer bags each with 2lbs of water (total of 8lbs).

The math in the referenced article is how I'm calculating the heat transfer rate.
When my test was done the temperature was at -18C . By that time all the water bottles where frozen solid. That was at 5 hours. By six hours the temperature was at -23C .

rustystud

rustystud; Now I think we have given this subject all the attention it deserves so lets move on. We could discuss how the TV dinners with all there sodium might kill you quicker than anything in Alaska.[/QUOTE said:
Now your sounding like my Doctor ! I figure I've lived a good life. If living longer means eating "oatmeal" for the rest of my life, well that just sounds like living in prison. Though my wife keeps nagging me with "don't you want to see your grandchildren ? " . So maybe I should change a little bit of my diet.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When my test was done the temperature was at -18C . By that time all the water bottles where frozen solid. That was at 5 hours. By six hours the temperature was at -23C .
Wow. Yours is a hot rod for sure. The two I have can't do anywhere near that level of heat transfer. If we ignore the little bit of extra heat to get the bottles from the starting temp to 32 degrees and just go by the latent heat of fusion, freezing two gallons of water (16.6 lbs) in 5 hours is ~478 btu/hr (yours has to be doing at least that much). That rate exceeds the capacity table for the compressors in my units by like 2x.

If you ever get a chance to look I'll be interested to know which compressor yours has inside. The refrigeration section is something there is virtually no information about in the service manual.

rustystud

Wow. Yours is a hot rod for sure. The two I have can't do anywhere near that level of heat transfer. If we ignore the little bit of extra heat to get the bottles from the starting temp to 32 degrees and just go by the latent heat of fusion, freezing two gallons of water (16.6 lbs) in 5 hours is ~478 btu/hr (yours has to be doing at least that much). That rate exceeds the capacity table for the compressors in my units by like 2x.

If you ever get a chance to look I'll be interested to know which compressor yours has inside. The refrigeration section is something there is virtually no information about in the service manual.
Well one thing I do know. This unit was basically brand new. I have the "test" results on disc and it was barely used. Also I did the tests on 120 volt AC. Did you ? I'm sure the results would be a little different if using 12V or 24 V DC.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine are plugged in to house power. I have let them run on battery power to test the batteries but all the capacity testing has been on AC power.

rustystud

Mine are plugged in to house power. I have let them run on battery power to test the batteries but all the capacity testing has been on AC power.
Also I had mine running for several weeks now. So the system has had a chance to get all the little "kinks" out. I know from experience with our bus AC systems that if it has not been running for at least 10 hours it will give false readings. So before any buses AC system is serviced it must be allowed to run all day.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got one of these units, unfortunately it didn't come with either of the power cords. I have a call in to the manufacturer. Anyone know of a source or just the connectors so I can build my own cable?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Look for threads that speddmon has posted in. He posted the part numbers. When i get home tomorrow I will look at my plugs and see if I can get numbers for ya.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the help Gimpyrobb, I did find the #'s for both the AC and DC cords. I contacted the manufacturer ( CSafe ) and they priced the cords at $123.80 and $135.36 respectively.
I was hoping I could find them a little less pricey or even the fittings to make my own cords. Any thoughts?

CSafe #'s
AC # 100970
DC # 100968

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday I looked at the unit I bought and it didn't have any of the cords, manual, etc. I wasn't able to pick it up yesterday as I wasn't driving my truck. So today, I went to pick up the unit and the supplier had received 8 more units. All of them new, unused, complete with power cords, manual, filters, etc. So no need for cords. Thanks for the help.

Hummermark

Hi tried the link on this thread to the classified add but link does not work so has anyone got a working one with both leads and manual for sale?
shipping will be to Mississippi or will be doing road trip Chicago to Baton Rouge mi,then to Houston so could pick up along this route.
thanks Mark.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks