• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 towing M101A2 trailer

Ozarks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm about to do same tire swap on my M101A2. I recently downsized my tow vehicle, and I needed new trailer tires anyway. That 245/75R16 tire size was the stock GM 3/4Ton truck tire size from factory on many trucks from early 2000s so they are usually easy to find in a E load range and not too pricey. If you do seek 8 x 6.5 wheels confirm the hub hole size and year model they come from. GM 8 luggers had a few different Metric patterns in a short number of years in the 2010s+ but i also think they held the 8 x 6.5 until 2010.
Thanks! I found some 8 x 6.5 wheels off a M1008 that worked great & paired them with a couple of Goodyear Wrangler 265/70R16 tires that came off my wife’s Tacoma.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks