• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your crane today.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pic is putting the cylinder back together. Found a great shop in Branford Fl. to rebuild the rod called certified hydraulics and had it ready in one day. Did a great job on all the protection for shipping in the back of my pickup. I will take my stuff there again for sure. Went back together better than expected.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you remove just the rod or the entire cylinder? I have had great difficulty removing the pin down in the crotch of the boom on several machines so now I just pull the rod and have the shop fix that loose.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just pulled the rod and got lucky as we broke the gland loose by hand/tool. In the pic you can still see the gland is just threaded half way in. It was break time so I snapped a pic. Dang rod must have weighted 200 lbs. but everything went as planned and no damage to seals or our backs. At one point we had four slings off the boom holding just the rod in the correct plane for install. Tape on the threads and bevel exposed the rod went right in and put a smile on my face.

Last edited:

Bmxenbrett

I believe we had the same wheeled crane at our last job. 4cyl cummins B series, 4 wheel steer with crab? We had to replace that cylinder too. The swing box would get water in it if left outside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks