• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE, how much did you buy yours for? and some other questions

SuperMochombo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fast fwd to 2024

1987 FLU, no tools, needs all hoses/seals, doesn't run, need master cylinder, rusty driver door, pass door hinge pins need welding, as well as rear axle bracket. Mouse chewed wires. Bad tires all around, hasn't run in over a year.

(edit)**77 hours on the engine per meter**

Price?

Last edited:

peakbagger

Fast fwd to 2024

1987 FLU, no tools, needs all hoses/seals, doesn't run, need master cylinder, rusty driver door, pass door hinge pins need welding, as well as rear axle bracket. Mouse chewed wires. Bad tires all around, hasn't run in over a year.

(edit)**77 hours on the engine per meter**

Price?
IMHO, its parts vehicle for someone who already owns one. Way too many unknowns to price it.

BELinNC

My first SEE was one of my best military vehicle success stories. I bought it off govliq. out of Barstow,CA for $21K and had it shipped across the country to NC for another $3k. I watched as the shipper came down my street and freaked out. From looking at the auction pictures for so long I knew right away the military unit markings on this SEE did not match the one I bought! Didn't know what to do, but I quickly saw that this SEE looked very nice. Turns out it started on the button and I adopted it as my own! No one ever said anything about it. Every system down to the last light bulb worked and I worked it pretty good and had fun with it for five years. Only put new tires on it and did maintenance. Never let me down. Had to sell it to help pay off a divorce. Put an ad on unimog.net and sold it for $32K. So I guess it made me some money in one sense, but not from using it commercially!
It was hard to let it go and I lived without a Unimog for several years .
New wife and I moved to a 55acre farm/ranch two years ago and I really started missing the SEE. As fates would have it a guy that was active on unimog forums that I was acquainted with reached out and was asking for help with his SEE and another Unimog he had. After discussing things with him he thought it best to sell them and I bought his SEE for $9k. Had to rescue it off a work site where it had been sitting in the open for well over a year. Dead batteries, flat tire, stolen chain saw and spare tire, rough looking overall. Got it running and on the trailer to come home. Great to be back in the SEE business! This one is no beauty queen, but slowly getting some issues worked out and already useful on several projects.

Hawaii_Mog

Hello,
Just testing this messages out. Is there a way to post a general message to all, or do i need to create or be in a forum.
I just purchased a FLU 419 and have a few questions on the Diff lock and 4x4 selector among other things. So many pages of manuals, i just need a few basic questions answered. like there are 2 lines going into each diff, one i believe is for the locker, rear passenger side, front driver side, but what is the other line going into the diff. Also, there is no air coming out of the diff lock switch. or into it. and it looks like it is coming from an actuator on the transfer case. So does the air come from the transfer case to the 4x4/diff lock valve? Sorry if this is not the correct place, please point me to where i can post questions. My first post, i will get more familiar with the site as I learn more hot to use it.

I appreciate it, have a good day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks