• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1942 GPW script pictures

stonewalljac

Racy 002.jpgMy 1942 Ford GPW Script jeep with early wheels and 1919 a4 BMGDad R-38 Racy.jpgThis is My Dad driving the first Racy off of Omaha beach Normandy on 9th of June 1944. As the 2nd Armored Division, Recon Co. of the 66th Armored Regiment came ashore. His Recon officer Lt Doak is in the passenger seat.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome

stonewalljac

Beautiful GPW and thank you for the pic of your father.
I just acquired the photo of Dad a few month's ago. A friend that does research in the archives. was looking at some recent photos and film that had been scanned in HD. I had told him to be on the lookout for a Recon jeep in the 66th that had bumper number R38 named Racy. And He found it. Dad drove that jeep from the photo location on Omaha to Berlin. with lots of action in between. The colored jeep in the photo. I restored this jeep with the proper unit markings and presented it to my Dad on the Anniversary of D-Day back on June 6th 2006. He was thrilled with it and enjoyed until His passing in 2015.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I just acquired the photo of Dad a few month's ago. A friend that does research in the archives. was looking at some recent photos and film that had been scanned in HD. I had told him to be on the lookout for a Recon jeep in the 66th that had bumper number R38 named Racy. And He found it. Dad drove that jeep from the photo location on Omaha to Berlin. with lots of action in between. The colored jeep in the photo. I restored this jeep with the proper unit markings and presented it to my Dad on the Anniversary of D-Day back on June 6th 2006. He was thrilled with it and enjoyed until His passing in 2015.
I certainly think you should nominate your jeep for MV of the Month this month!!:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I certainly think you should nominate your jeep for MV of the Month this month!!:beer:

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?175908-MV-of-the-month-for-February-2018

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks