• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Wabco Series 1200 Air Dryer Install

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
This was a simple upgrade being that the "Purest" air dryers from Haldex were a big seller last year but have all but since dried up in supplies with that I decided to upgrade to this unit.

If you have already upgraded to the Haldex Purest dryer that has the Triangle bolt pattern on it then this unit will bolt right to it. Except you need M12x1.75 bolts that are 35mm long and a few washers. Dang metrics. There are 3 ports on the front of the dryer. Both big ports are 1/2" NPT. The smaller port I used a small plug I had sitting in a junk drawer. a 1/8" is too small and falls in the hole and a 1/4" I couldn't get to start in the hole as it was slightly bigger. So I am going to go with an 8 or 10mm plug. Other fittings may be metric but the 1/2" npt fittings went right down and in and sealed up. Should be able to use your same Inlet from the compressor fitting that you have on your existing dryer. You will have to remove the cross member clamp on the hose so it will be able to reach. I use a JIC fitting and hose for my output so I have more flex over the plastic.

The dryer has numbers on each port. # 1 is from the compressor. # 21 to air tanks. # 22 to air tanks for regenerated air, this is what I just plugged off. The governor that is on the unit is set to 125psi so I turned it up and I went ahead and plugged my signal hose from the firewall governor but left it in place.

Weighs 23lbs less than the Purest Air Dryer. Took me about 15mins to install it. It Also has a nice crisp quick pop off.
https://youtu.be/T7j1NqZcrGQ

Part number TR955205. Found on eBay or from FuzzyToaster.

Attached info PDFs and Wabco Manual for the dryer.

Large fittings on the dryer ended up being 3/4" Boss fittings and the small one is a 1/4" boss

Attachments

Last edited:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
So what did you have to use to retrofit to a stock 939 series truck? Different mount pattern is understood, but what fittings (part numbers, size, etc) were necessary

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The mount pattern uses the same mount pattern as the Purest Air dryer.

You need 3/4" male boss thread to female pipe thread adapters for whatever size fittings prob half inch you have on your current setup.

You will need to drill and tap the signal port if the dryer you buy does not have it already done so you can have your signal to the governor line to purge

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks