Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MOGFEST in the midwest

4 Star General
    Thanks

Default MOGFEST in the midwest

Hello Fellow UNIMOG owners those of you in the warmer climates I hope your out having fun and enjoying your MOG!! In the frigid North my Mog will be tucked inside the warehouse for a few more months yet! The reason for my writing this is two things.
    1. Is there a MOGFEST/Unimog gathering in the upper midwest, or even the the central US? If somebody knows of one would you be so kind as to let the rest of us know where and when PLEASE!

2. Depending on what the answer to my #1 question is what would you guys think about starting one if there is none existing in our area now?

Trust me guys do I really want to go through all the work of getting something like this going, I will not do it ALONE but if we can get some traction with this and some others are willing to help I do know that we could make this happen, again if we want to and if one does NOT already exist?

Let me know your ideas and thoughts on this subject and If somebody knows where this is already happening please let us ISOLATED ND folks know about it!

Thanks all I look forward to hearing ideas!

Karl Kostman

Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 727 Posts

I don't know if a Unimog specific event. We have the KAMO rally in the fall at the D-Day Adventure Park in Wyandotte, OK. It is a MV rally in general. Fun for the whole family.
    It is a poverty when a dictionary must die so a person may spell as they wish.

Thanks

Being selfish and not wanting to drive too far, how about in Colorado? There seems to be a fair amount of FLUs in the general area.

4 Star General
    Thanks

Does the KAMO rally have an area that would be challenging to drive around in, like a nearby gravel pit or something? Is the KAMO rally just a regular little to no driving show? Sorry for dumb questions I have not attended before? If we had and area that would allow us to do what our Unimogs were built to do that would sure be an easy answer to what we are trying to do?
    Thoughts??

Colorado is a fantastic state and if we could find a place that would let us do what we want to do I would sure think that was a possibility! Besides that FLU 419s are very cool!
    Karl

Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 755 Posts

My part of a Unimog!
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tobyS For This Useful Post:

Karl kostman (02-09-2018), The FLU farm (02-08-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karl kostman View Post
    Colorado is a fantastic state and if we could find a place that would let us do what we want to do I would sure think that was a possibility!
    Jay Couch just might be kind enough to let people play at his place.

Thanks

Jay (Couch Off Road) would be happy to see us gather at his place. Haven't seen it yet, but he has quite the playground we could use.
    Also, he offered to educate us on some of the quirks the FLUs have.

Karl, you want to take it from here?

Thanks

The driving at the D-Day park isn't super extreme but it will put a vehicle through it's paces. It's mostly wooded, rough terrain. We usually have two organized trail rides and people can roam around as they wish.

4 Star General
    Thanks

Hey FLU farm and flying van are we all talking about the D-Day park in both of your posts? FLU Farm any idea how much area Jay would have to allow us to play? 20 to 30 acres? Would he want to be compensated for allowing us to use his property? What is his location? Let me know what you can and I would be happy to at least start talking with Jay and see what his thoughts are. If it looks pretty good then we are going to have to start getting a head count on who would like to attend, so we have an idea on the facilities needed. Find out what you can FLU Farm and let me know that and I will then talk with Jay. Do you guys think this should be limited to ONLY Unimogs? Remember everybody already thinks we are ARROGANT A-Holes because of our known SUPERIORITY!!! (sorry) If we open it up to all military trucks then we need to very likely put a limit on how many trucks we can accommodate, I would like EVERYBODY but know thats not possible at this point.
    FLU fill me in on what intel you can gather and lets see if we can make something work!
    Thanks guys
    KK

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Karl kostman For This Useful Post:

tennmogger (02-09-2018)

Thanks

The D-Day park has 1,000 acres.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast