• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MOGFEST in the midwest

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Fellow UNIMOG owners those of you in the warmer climates I hope your out having fun and enjoying your MOG!! In the frigid North my Mog will be tucked inside the warehouse for a few more months yet! The reason for my writing this is two things.
1. Is there a MOGFEST/Unimog gathering in the upper midwest, or even the the central US? If somebody knows of one would you be so kind as to let the rest of us know where and when PLEASE!

2. Depending on what the answer to my #1 question is what would you guys think about starting one if there is none existing in our area now?

Trust me guys do I really want to go through all the work of getting something like this going, I will not do it ALONE but if we can get some traction with this and some others are willing to help I do know that we could make this happen, again if we want to and if one does NOT already exist?

Let me know your ideas and thoughts on this subject and If somebody knows where this is already happening please let us ISOLATED ND folks know about it!

Thanks all I look forward to hearing ideas!

Karl Kostman

Flyingvan911

I don't know if a Unimog specific event. We have the KAMO rally in the fall at the D-Day Adventure Park in Wyandotte, OK. It is a MV rally in general. Fun for the whole family.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the KAMO rally have an area that would be challenging to drive around in, like a nearby gravel pit or something? Is the KAMO rally just a regular little to no driving show? Sorry for dumb questions I have not attended before? If we had and area that would allow us to do what our Unimogs were built to do that would sure be an easy answer to what we are trying to do?
Thoughts??

Colorado is a fantastic state and if we could find a place that would let us do what we want to do I would sure think that was a possibility! Besides that FLU 419s are very cool!
Karl

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jay (Couch Off Road) would be happy to see us gather at his place. Haven't seen it yet, but he has quite the playground we could use.
Also, he offered to educate us on some of the quirks the FLUs have.

Karl, you want to take it from here?

Flyingvan911

The driving at the D-Day park isn't super extreme but it will put a vehicle through it's paces. It's mostly wooded, rough terrain. We usually have two organized trail rides and people can roam around as they wish.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey FLU farm and flying van are we all talking about the D-Day park in both of your posts? FLU Farm any idea how much area Jay would have to allow us to play? 20 to 30 acres? Would he want to be compensated for allowing us to use his property? What is his location? Let me know what you can and I would be happy to at least start talking with Jay and see what his thoughts are. If it looks pretty good then we are going to have to start getting a head count on who would like to attend, so we have an idea on the facilities needed. Find out what you can FLU Farm and let me know that and I will then talk with Jay. Do you guys think this should be limited to ONLY Unimogs? Remember everybody already thinks we are ARROGANT A-Holes because of our known SUPERIORITY!!! (sorry) If we open it up to all military trucks then we need to very likely put a limit on how many trucks we can accommodate, I would like EVERYBODY but know thats not possible at this point.
FLU fill me in on what intel you can gather and lets see if we can make something work!
Thanks guys
KK

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey FLU farm and flying van are we all talking about the D-Day park in both of your posts? FLU Farm any idea how much area Jay would have to allow us to play? 20 to 30 acres? Would he want to be compensated for allowing us to use his property? What is his location? Let me know what you can and I would be happy to at least start talking with Jay and see what his thoughts are. If it looks pretty good then we are going to have to start getting a head count on who would like to attend, so we have an idea on the facilities needed. Find out what you can FLU Farm and let me know that and I will then talk with Jay. Do you guys think this should be limited to ONLY Unimogs?
Karl, I suggested Colorado as I know that there are several Unimogs (almost a lot of FLUs, actually) in the area, so no, I'm not talking about the D-Day park. Couch Off Road is by Denver.

Jay mentioned the size of his place when we talked, but unfortunately I don't remember how large it is. It's large enough, though, and he keeps adding new obstacles. He doesn't want any compensation, rather he offered nice extras for free.

Do I think that it should be limited to Unimogs? Well, if it's a Unimog meet as originally suggested, then yes.

I'd suggest that you talk to Jay and get the facts...instead of me relaying whatever little my brain cell can contain.

Migginsbros

Only as an idea----it`s overSEEs

There`s a very small meeting in the area. It is called historical road works/construction site.
Everybody is welcome, not only UNIMOG. No entry fees and low priced foot and cold drinks.
IMG_6157.jpg You can excavate, fill and tip, load and unload from dawn till dusk.IMG_5074.jpg IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg IMG_5120.jpg IMG_5119.jpg Kiesgrube 2015 008.jpg Kiesgrube 2015 007.jpg

Greetings,
Migginsbros.

Edit: Just kidding ......ask SS member adrianspeeder for an arrangement...:beer:8)8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSUmn7PMPM0

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks