• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Value For Ambulance and Jeep With Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,
I am seeking your help in regards to what these vehicles are worth BOTH in their current shape and when cleaned up. These are located in Indiana. A friend of mine who has owned them for a long time wants to sell them to me as he knows I will take good care of them. He however has close to no mechanical knowledge so a lot of deferred maintenance here. What has been done is by people he has hired to help. Unfortunately, both were restored many years ago before he bought them and they have sat outside since then. Used a few times a years for shows, etc but mostly sitting. The jeep you guys gave me great advice last year or so stating that it had a lot of civilian parts and of course that greatly drops the value. From that thread I don’t think I would be comfortable showing it as it is not “correct”
I want to get a fair deal for me and him knowing that they need work and knowing that I don’t want to be upside down from the get go.
The jeep probably runs but has weak brake pedal. It would come with the trailer but I remember you guys saying it was a knock off as well.
The ambulance cranks but no fire. No brake pedal. Probably all simply stuff from sitting but want to be on the safe side.
So again, please give me a current value and a cleaned up and running/driving price. Pictures are below with each under its own category.

ThanksIMG_1103.jpgIMG_1100.jpgIMG_1097.jpgIMG_1104.jpgIMG_1101.jpgIMG_1098.jpgIMG_1095.jpgIMG_1102.jpgIMG_1099.jpgIMG_1096.jpgIMG_1107.jpgIMG_1114.jpgIMG_1111.jpgIMG_1108.jpgIMG_1105.jpgIMG_1112.jpgIMG_1109.jpgIMG_1106.jpgIMG_1113.jpgIMG_1110.jpg

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys,
I am seeking your help in regards to what these vehicles are worth BOTH in their current shape and when cleaned up. These are located in Indiana. A friend of mine who has owned them for a long time wants to sell them to me as he knows I will take good care of them. He however has close to no mechanical knowledge so a lot of deferred maintenance here. What has been done is by people he has hired to help. Unfortunately, both were restored many years ago before he bought them and they have sat outside since then. Used a few times a years for shows, etc but mostly sitting. The jeep you guys gave me great advice last year or so stating that it had a lot of civilian parts and of course that greatly drops the value. From that thread I don’t think I would be comfortable showing it as it is not “correct”
I want to get a fair deal for me and him knowing that they need work and knowing that I don’t want to be upside down from the get go.
The jeep probably runs but has weak brake pedal. It would come with the trailer but I remember you guys saying it was a knock off as well.
The ambulance cranks but no fire. No brake pedal. Probably all simply stuff from sitting but want to be on the safe side.
So again, please give me a current value and a cleaned up and running/driving price. Pictures are below with each under its own category.

http://simvc.org/pics/ambulance/ambulance.php

http://simvc.org/pics/jeep/jeep.php

Thanks
You need to post the photo's on SS if you really want some help . Posting a link to more links isn't going to get very many views. Then in time links go dead , which is why the site rules require pictures post direct to SS so they will be archived for the future.

I doubt the jeep value has changed since this thread .
[h=1]Value Needed 56-58 M38[/h]

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I did not know that was a "rule" However, I had tried uploading the pictures and had some problems yesterday where it would not work. So I spent way too much time writing a script and posting on my website :) After reading your comment I was able to get it working and got them posted here. It would only take 20 pics per post so I had to make 4 but I got it done. For the jeep most people say it is a mess of civilian and military. So if that is the case I should price it like a CJ5 of that year? I assume 2-3K would be the max on it? Then of course the ambulance I have not asked on before and I know little about. It looks like it would clean up well.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just put in the classifieds for a couple of whiles
Jeep and trailer separate from my ambulance truck and see what you get
Does she still have the heater in there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks