• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2018 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 17-21, 2018

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Any update on the waivers?
Yes, see below.

Everyone, look at this.

Alright, I've worked a lot on this to make everyone's life easier. Both attendees and rally staff.

D-town makes you sign a waiver. The rally LLC's attorney and insurance company want a waiver. I had to get all of the following people to agree to a combined waiver:

D-town
D-town attorney
Rally mgmt.
Rally attorney
Rally insurance company

And, here it is. Below as an attachment. Print it out, fill it out and scan it and email it to me at lowrangeproductions@gmail.com. Include your SS username somewhere in the email. We'll have the waiver at the registration tent no later than Wednesday morning, so when you show up, you can say "hey, I already emailed my waiver to Clinto, my name is X and my username is Y" and you will get your nametag and go on your merry way.

View attachment GMVR Waiver final version.pdf<----click here, on the black square. It's a .pdf file, 2 pages long. It'll download to your machine or phone.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the process of loading the M814 with the M37, and getting the Hooch ready. Have already planned packing around the rain, looking forward to some MUD..........

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am taking bets as to when Ferro will show up. He says he will be there Wednesday, but he didn't say what time. I think it will be Thursday morning.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the biggest problem I will have is finding bread. The stores are packed! It's almost like there is snow in the forecast.......

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yes, see below.

Everyone, look at this.

Alright, I've worked a lot on this to make everyone's life easier. Both attendees and rally staff.

D-town makes you sign a waiver. The rally LLC's attorney and insurance company want a waiver. I had to get all of the following people to agree to a combined waiver:

D-town
D-town attorney
Rally mgmt.
Rally attorney
Rally insurance company

How about our vehicle insurance cards?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yes, see below.

Everyone, look at this.

D-town
D-town attorney
Rally mgmt.
Rally attorney
Rally insurance company

AND driver licence, better to be safe then sorry

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
AND driver licence, better to be safe then sorry
I hadn't considered this, but it's a good idea.

Any of you that are going on the hardball convoy, remember, our insurance company requires that we grab a copy of your CURRENTinsurance card. An expired insurance card doesn't cut the mustard.

If ya'll want to send the insurance card to me at the email I posted in post 141 (https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...t-17-21-2018&p=2164946&viewfull=1#post2164946), I'll have it on file for the convoy.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Any chance that the hurricane will effect the rally with flooding etc?
Zero chance of flooding. Durhamtown's above sea level height and lack of local rivers make it what I'd consider a zero flooding area, especially in terms of our field.

However, I was just thinking about this. The weather reports have been revised down to 10-20% chance of rain for the event. However, that's a 10 day forecast and I trust it about as much as a ouija board.

So.........................

• Be prepared, A few extra clothes changes aren't a bad idea. Extra shoes as well
  • Be prepared, an extra tent or a way to stay dry isn't a terrible idea
  • The offroading will be excellent if it's is a freshly watered area or if it's actively raining.
  • Access to the offroad park that's across the old concrete bridge might be limited, I have seen that bridge flooded before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks