• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2018 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 17-21, 2018

Crapgame

I want people to see what goes on behind the scenes with putting this event on.

I hope people understand the monumental effort that goes on behind the scenes, all throughout the year to make all of this happen. There are volunteers doing an immense amount of work, throughout the entire year, doing things to make the event go smoothly.

SCSG-G4 has to do a literal mountain of work to get the MKTs (X2) and deuces that pull them (X2) to the event. Preparing two MKTs (cleaning, loading, etc.) and two deuces (PMCS) is a lot.

RustyJunk draws t-shirts and has to come up with something clever, then draw it, then deal with the t-shirt company to make sure they can reproduce it in sufficient detail. He also begs local vendors to sell or donate something for us to raffle.

In order to try and make the cost of the t-shirts cheaper, RustyJunk and I did a bunch of yardwork for the guy who owns the t-shirt company. I don't like yardwork.

Recovry4x4 has to create a functional and efficient high speed, low drag office to process 200+ attendees who show up, sometimes in groups.

There's a lot that goes into this.

Thanks

C

Here's the before. Skanktown.

washing (yes, I used the dishwasher-all my cats said their food tasted like rally dust and they aren't happy about it)

Reassembly
Probably the standard dynamic within every organization, 90% of the work is done by 10% of the membership. I'd do more but my driving is limited to about an hour radius. Maybe one of these days, I have the time to do stuff just not physically capable of driving distance anymore.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Planning to be there early afternoon, as well.
Look out for a red pickup coming from NC's far east, squatted... (carrying a HET 5th-wheel and ramps);-)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When is the raffle for donated items going to take place? Would like to donate some things but won't be able to make until noon on Saturday.
I think Saturday at 7pm is when we're shooting for.

matt444

Does any one have a front leaf spring for a m35 that is coming Saturday, broke one on the trails today

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It was good to see old friends and meet some new ones at the rally today. I missed the last two rallys and all my buddies. Many thanks to all the folks that bought stuff from me to help finance my trip. Other than an unsuccessful attempt to possumnap Elmo D. Possum it was a great day. The guilty party was quickly identified and Elmo was rescued from a fate worse than death at the hands of a proven possum molester.Looking forward to staying longer at next years rally.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This year was my first time attending this event & it was pretty awesome. Got to see/hangout with good people & finally got to meet some of you that I haven't before. The trip there & back was smooth, well all except for the tractor trailer that wrecked, caught fire & shut down the interstate for almost 3 hours. I will say that going on the trails at night was the most fun I've had in awhile, its amazes me what military trucks are capable of doing. Can't wait to do it all again at the rally in NC next year. Oh, Ill be posting the pics I took while I was there in a separate thread soon.

Dock Rocker

I had to bail out early yesterday for a work malfunction. It was a great time as usual. Thanks to all that helps make this event happen. You are all appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got home last night with no problems. Unfortunately, I had to leave for home directly from the hardball convoy because of a commitment to the 4H. As usual, I had a fantastic time. Thanks to Welder1 and crew for the hospitality. Rained about half of the trip home. I was carrying a load of tires for Microjeep for the North Georgia Military Museum. With the extra weight of the tires, combined with an ATV, an ATV trailer and motorcycle and some other acquisitions, I could only go 15 mph when I started climbing the mountains.

sandcobra164

I had a great time this year as always. Thankfully the trip home was uneventful and that 1/8 turn on the main fuel screw made my average through the hills towards Macon around 55 mph. Welder1 made it at least as far as my road, I'm sure he'll be at his shop in about 25 minutes or so. Looking forward to next year.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is anyone still there? Or did anyone pick up a 5t rim that was near the registration tent?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks