• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2018 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 17-21, 2018

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
made it back to rockmart . Had to replace wheel bearing on the trailer in Greensborough there was a autozone right at I 20 thanks to Andrew he did all the work other than that a great rally . Lord willing the coffee tent will be there next year.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
made it back to rockmart . Had to replace wheel bearing on the trailer in Greensborough there was a autozone right at I 20 thanks to Andrew he did all the work other than that a great rally . Lord willing the coffee tent will be there next year.
We need the coffee Baron in site for sure Tony. Enjoyed the hot chocolate.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been just under a week since the rally, and I'm fully recovered now from all the FUN!
The GA Rally is one of my top 3 things that I love to do every year! For me its like a Family reunion; well one that you actually want to go to! :0)
I want to thanks everyone that works hard behind the sens to make this rally possible every year! Clinto for being the Head Cheese, or Grand Poobah, MKT Mike and the MKT Crew for the Great Food, although we may have to chip in an extra dollar or two for our meals so we can get Mike a bigger serving spoon! Kenny and the Boy's for the great work ya'll do at the welcoming booth! I know I have made it to the Rally when I see Kenny sitting under the tent as I pull in!

Even though I set up to sell items; every year at the Rally, this is still a vacation for me, I love to talk to and negotiate great deals with everyone, to me that's one of the best parts!
I greatly appreciate everyone that stopped by and hung out with me, and especially those that hung out and then spent money... :0)

I want to thank Pappa Bear for letting me borrow his power tools to fix part of my camping tent, so I could get it set back up on my second night at the Rally!

Overall I just want to say how very lucky I feel to have such a great group of people, that I can get together with every year and just have a great time with!
Ok that's it for the mushy stuff!

Awesome 2018 GA Rally!!!!!! :clinto::papabear::beer::naner:

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Again I want to THANK Bobby for staying with me and HELPING get the 819 going after it died in nowhere country, VERY lonely in a no cell zone, on a country road, with a big dead truck.

THANK YOU

PS, Bobby sent his sister to get two sets of jumper cables, being we all know how TIGHT Bobby is, it surprised me when he would not LET me pay for them, that issue did not last to long, after a long back and forth of here take this and NO, he gave up, not that he wanted to but just to shut me up.

Last edited:

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem Ron, I was glad we could help you out, you have helped us out over the years, bringing the big wrecker truck to the show every year!

sandcobra164

I've got my cabin reserved for next year, 3rd week of October. Is it time yet? I had a great time this go around! I'm now an 8 time Veteran of the Ga. Rally. Even a broke foot couldn't break my streak last year. I'll put less oil on the ground next go around but an accessory drive leak is no reason to sideline an NHC-250 powered truck. They hold 27 quarts full and the dipstick has a 7 quart range from full to add. I guess General Non-Sense wanted to say he needed attention this year. I can't even get mad at him because he didn't leak a drop last year when I was slightly broken and made the trip without issue. See ya'll next year!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I want to take this moment to remind everyone about the awesome support we received from Memphis Equipment this year. The support of vendors like Memphis allows us to put on this event and have things like tents to eat in and hand washing stations to wash our hands with.

Memphis has been with us for 3 years and they've been a lifesaver, literally.

I sincerely hope that all of you will give Memphis a strong consideration the next time you need to purchase something for your historic military vehicle. Feel free to let them know why you're calling - "Hey, you guys helped our event, I thought I'd throw you some business".

I also want to stress that Memphis is a huge company, with State Department approval to sell vehicles and parts to friendly foreign governments. So us hobbyists, we're small potatoes to them. And yet they have supported our rally in a generous way for 3 straight years. I think that's a big deal.

http://www.memphisequipment.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Memphis-Equipment-Company-201741010640/

https://www.ebay.com/usr/mecoparts

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the heads up! I need a few bits for my truck and while I want to do business with the small guys (Jtonka, White Owl, and so on), I'm more than happy to give Memphis some of my dollars. I'll be sure to mention the rally, and I hope to be there next year.

Rick

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone remember the name of the big grocery store that was just on the other side of town and not to far from the airport. Ingles or something like that. They had some cheese made by snowdonia that I fell in love with. I can not get it here in Fl. and getting ready to go Ga. to drop off some OD stuff. You can just PM me. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks