• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2018 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 17-21, 2018

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Folks, we have a small issue.

SCSG-G4 is the guy who owns the MKT and the 2 deuces that haul all of the food, supplies to the rally and cook for all of us so we don't have to come to the event with multiple coolers and try to cook in the dark.

He has a friend who usually drives his second deuce but that guy is recovering from a knee injury and resulting surgery.

We need someone to drive that deuce from Columbia, SC to the event and then get it home.

The ideal candidate:

• Is known to the community as a responsible individual and competent/safe operator of vehicles.
  • Is willing to take on the responsibility
  • has a "the mission must be completed at all costs" mentality
This is important: If you volunteer to do this, 200+ people are counting on you to deliver. If you volunteer and you don't come through, then we don't eat. And that's bad. Once you've committed to this, you have to come through.

If this is something you think you can do, contact me and we'll discuss it.

Thanks

C

AMGeneral

Folks, we have a small issue.

SCSG-G4 is the guy who owns the MKT and the 2 deuces that haul all of the food, supplies to the rally and cook for all of us so we don't have to come to the event with multiple coolers and try to cook in the dark.

He has a friend who usually drives his second deuce but that guy is recovering from a knee injury and resulting surgery.

We need someone to drive that deuce from Columbia, SC to the event and then get it home.

The ideal candidate:

• Is known to the community as a responsible individual and competent/safe operator of vehicles.
  • Is willing to take on the responsibility
  • has a "the mission must be completed at all costs" mentality
This is important: If you volunteer to do this, 200+ people are counting on you to deliver. If you volunteer and you don't come through, then we don't eat. And that's bad. Once you've committed to this, you have to come through.

If this is something you think you can do, contact me and we'll discuss it.

Thanks

C
I am guessing this is needed as before, early Wednesday through Sunday?

If so let me check and see if I can beg for the time off, will give an answer tomorrow PM.

I need to deliver a load to Gama Goat tires/wheels to the museum there anyway.

I think I remember how to drive a Deuce,:driver:

Last edited:

Rmtaunton

If nobody else can I can find a driver for mine and drive up there in ford , And drive deuce and trailer down . Ralley needs this man and equipment !

Let me know but please only responses from SCSG or Clinto.

404 516 4254

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am guessing this is needed as before, early Wednesday through Sunday?

If so let me check and see if I can beg for the time off, will give an answer tomorrow PM.

I need to deliver a load to Gama Goat tires/wheels to the museum there anyway.

I think I remember how to drive a Deuce,:driver:
Correct.

Something tells me the deuce operation won't be a difficult reacclimation.

If nobody else can I can find a driver for mine and drive up there in ford , And drive deuce and trailer down . Ralley needs this man and equipment !

Let me know but please only responses from SCSG or Clinto.

404 516 4254
I'll keep you in the loop.

C

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A question pops to mind, are helmets required when operating a M274 mule out on the trails?
I have been told several times, trails yes around camp no but things change
D-town is not consistent in regards to this policy. I have been told wildly different things over the years.

My personal policy (when I had my Mule there) was to drive without a helmet, but had a helmet with me if they decided to be sticklers.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there with the coffee tent if Mike did not make it I would have no power and no coffee ever body needs coffee in the morning .

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had a setback. While driving to Hiawassee to fill up my M35A3 with diesel, a small car pulled out right in front of me. I was going about 45. I stood on the brake pedal as hard as I could and locked up all six wheels. I barely missed the car, but now my brakes aren't behaving right. I'm going to tear into the brakes tomorrow.:mad::mad::mad:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks