• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2018 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 17-21, 2018

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are hoping for anything to be fixed in your cabins, you need to educate yourself on the procedure. The only one fixing anything are the renter's. I got my standard fare cabin that I've had since 2008 (with the exception of one yr).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, I fixed the links to the volunteer thread, I created a buy-sell-trade thread for the event and I edited post #1 to have that link as well.

Links:

Volunteers: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?177370-2018-Ga-Military-Vehicle-Rally-volunteers-thread

Buy-sell-trade: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...Georgia-Military-Vehicle-Rally-buy-sell-trade

T-shirts I need ya'll to buy, seriously rofl: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...y-Vehicle-Rally-shirts-for-sale-lots-of-sizes

And, ya'll want some good news?

Met with the rally attorney today and he said we're golden to combine the D-town and rally waivers, so that's a 50% reduction in waivers you'll need to fill out.

And........ we're going to post them here, the rally Facebook page and on D-town's site, so you can fill them out beforehand and send them to us, so when you get there, you won't have to fill anything out.

You can thank me later. :)

Carry on.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are going to need a method of logging the ones received in advance. Filing is not one of my strong points.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's getting close to being about time....... at least for planning.
Shoot, at the rate we're moving at this year, we're going to be all planned up and ready to roll by Friday of the rally!

This is starting to scare me....we're getting organized and efficient!!!:beer:
Only took 12 years. :)
We are going to need a method of logging the ones received in advance. Filing is not one of my strong points.
I suggest Dropbox or Google Drive.
Dropbox or drive is great. As long as the spotty internet holds up.

I think what I'll do is have a nice simple master list of people's names and user names printed out on a few sheets of paper. I'll alphabetize them and we'll have a couple up at registration, a couple in the HQ/t-shirt selling rally trailer and a bunch of extra on clipboards. Guy walks up, says he's already signed the waiver, tells you his name, you see it on the list and say "great, here's your name tag".

I suppose I could post the sheet on Google drive and let everyone's phone sync before the event as a backup.

And, we're not done yet!

All those handwashing stations that blew up last year? They are in my garage getting rebuilt from the ground up as we speak! No last minute waiting like what would usually happen.

Last edited:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Ah heck. I have been convinced to attend, even though that means I'll have to drool over other's green rigs (and maybe the occasional tan one) as I'm surely not driving mine the 2000 miles xD

Cabin reserved. Weds-Sun

Which airport do you recommend flying into? Atlanta appears to be a good 90+ miles away.

Also, I would certainly appreciate finding and paying someone who would be driving through to pick me up and drop be off, it'd be worlds cheaper than renting a car to sit for 4 days (or a taxi). :smile:
I usually load up my m923 and take it on the trails with anyone that’s wants to ride

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am just organizing a conference and found out that it is actually quite easy to use a google form as registration for whatever. The nice thing is that it automatically sorts it in a downloadable excel file as well. I normally stay very far away from anything google or facebook, but this one is a help for us. Took me less than 30 minutes to set it up, and you can make a good link to it as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks