• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2018 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 17-21, 2018

Welder1

I am looking forward to this year as usual. It’s been a busy year for me and I need a break. I got my truck about ready to go. Hammer down north bound with Sandcobra in the lead position.

Eddie

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be driving my M35A3 pulling an XM1061E1 trailer with my newest acquistion. I just acquired an M1030M1 USMC diesel motorcycle. That thing is unlike any motorcycle I've ever ridden. Can't wait!

sandcobra164

Kaye's Keep is booked, 5 ton is running good. Still need to put some new tires on the NOS USMC M1028 but it is running like a new truck so Riddle1 should be driving it. If not, medium towbar is ready to drag it kicking and screaming up there behind the 5 ton. It comes in handy as a mild trail and swap meet cart truck. I think I have rented out the extra rooms amongst close friends but if you need a couch to sleep on, please let me know. My friend Welder1 and I will ensure you don't go hungry. We go to have a good time with friends we normally only get to talk to through this website.

As for registration issues, is there is a way we can submit vehicle insurance and liability waivers prior to the event? I know it was discussed earlier and Clinto is working on that end but I'd be more than happy if we could send the information ahead of time and get into the "Express Check In lane"! Last year I think 3 pictures were taken of my insurance card on my 5 ton. 1 at check in, 1 random and 1 before the convoy. I certainly understand and have no issue with compliance with the rules. I'm just thinking we could submit the documents ahead of time and Clinto could provide a spreadsheet of "cleared" members. Maybe even a different color sticker on your headlight. Blue for cleared trucks and red for need to check trucks. Colors are just suggestions, if you went that route I wouldn't make it public information. Just food for thought. I'm coming regardless.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As for registration issues, is there is a way we can submit vehicle insurance and liability waivers prior to the event? I know it was discussed earlier and Clinto is working on that end but I'd be more than happy if we could send the information ahead of time and get into the "Express Check In lane"! Last year I think 3 pictures were taken of my insurance card on my 5 ton. 1 at check in, 1 random and 1 before the convoy. I certainly understand and have no issue with compliance with the rules. I'm just thinking we could submit the documents ahead of time and Clinto could provide a spreadsheet of "cleared" members. Maybe even a different color sticker on your headlight. Blue for cleared trucks and red for need to check trucks. Colors are just suggestions, if you went that route I wouldn't make it public information. Just food for thought. I'm coming regardless.
Yes and yes.

Here's what we're working on. Our rally attorney and D-town have signed off on combining the rally and D-town waivers. So you're only going to have to sign off on one.

Next, the convoy. Sorry about the multiple pictures. Insurance company that covers the rally wants to make sure vehicles going to the convoy are insured and we're refining our system.

We're going to allow people to do convoy registration and rally waivers online, before the event this year.

You can email a picture or a scan of your vehicle's CURRENT insurance card to me (email posted below). Folks, we have had people show us insurance cards years and years out of date (expired). rofl. Ya'll gotta' try harder.

I am going to post the combined waiver here for people to download. You can download it, fill it out and email it to me. I'll have a copy of it on-site and a list of who has already done it. I will also post all of this on the rally Facebook page.

For now, any of you planning on going on the hardball convoy can take a pic or scan your insurance card and email it to lowrangeproductions@gmail.com. Only I have access to that account, so it's safe. Include your username here so I can match it up on convoy day.

Thanks for bringing this up, I'll get the waiver done soon.

C

Welder1

Clint,

Thanks for your efforts to streamline the registration. I know it takes time and effort to make all this happen behind the scenes. Thanks.

Eddie

sandcobra164

Welder1 and I will be staying at Kaye's Keep if you can't find us on the trails or in the Swap Meet. It's the big cabin across from the Lodge. Running the trucks hard 3 months out has revealed a few cracks but I'm on top of them. I really need to send my insurance and registration information with a scan to lowrangeprodutions@gmail.com so I can get a smiley face sticker which indicates my trucks are cleared to operate on the Saturday Convoy! Do the same so hopefully we can ease the burden on the wonderful friends who host this event for us!

sandcobra164

Pat, I hope you make it. I came last year on a foot that I broke less than a month prior. I'll never know if it was the right decision but I try my best not to miss the opportunity to meet up with the fine people on this forum at the Annual cookout.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you make it as well Pat. My oldest has a football game at Oglethorpe not far from the rally. I'll need to be absent for a few hours Friday to watch the game and bring him to the rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks