• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2018 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 17-21, 2018

sandcobra164

Is it TIME?????
Getting close! I won't be walking around in pain this time, my left foot has healed as good as new and I passed the 2 mile run on my APFT with a 16:00 flat at 36 years of age last Saturday. I won't be bringing crutches in the 5 ton this time so that's personally a vast improvement over last year! Can't wait to see everyone again! I'm going to be busy this year as I'm changing tires at the rally. The market is strong at the moment for round 14R20's so I'm swapping mine out for 395's. Luckily no dismounting and mounting will be done on site as the replacements are already on wheels. Should have a good crane exhibition for people that want to see people getting sweaty swapping rubber around on Friday!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ron, How does base camp look? Anyone else show up yet besides you? I am sure the trees tremble with the sound of that 819 with no muffler!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, couple of things.

One, the rally is looking to partner with both local and national sponsors to help support the rally. There are some expenditures coming up in the future and there are some expenditures we had to take part in last year which has left us with less cushion than we'd like. With D-town's fees, we have zero interest in having the rally itself charge people anything, so sponsorships are how we pay for stuff. Remember, the only thing the rally charges you for are t-shirts, food and raffle tickets. Any other fees are D-town's and we don't get any of that.

PM me if you're interested.

Alright, next, an SS member drew these updated maps of our areas and they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the ones I do in MS Paint (I do it in paint because I'm funny like that). His are easier to read and don't look like they were done by a cat high on crack. Enjoy!

18_GMVR-_Overview.jpg18_GMVR-_Rally_Field.jpg18_GMVR-_Rally_Field-_No_Labels.jpg

Lastly................... we're close. Really close. Make sure you have all your dukws in a row (vehicles serviced, plan on where you're staying, etc.).

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In addition, why not ask participants for donations. Anyone that wants to contribute can and those that don't aren't required to. Completely anonymous. You could accept donations ahead of time and in addition have a donation box at the rally. Even small donations could help.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Donations & a charity sale are great ideas, I'll be happy to throw in some funds to help.

sandcobra164

Is it time yet? Welder1 and I will be leaving out of Albany, Ga on Thursday morning. We plan on linking up with PCTrans at exit 101 off of I-75 in Cordele, Ga and pushing onward from there. The past few years we got to the rendezvous in Cordele around 0800 and make it to Durhamtown around 1130. If anyone is interested in convoying with us, let me know. We have tools, towbars, and 3 knowledgeable enthusiasts who will make sure we all get there one way or another.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, don't forget to post up the waivers and such. If folks bring them completed, it would streamline things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks