• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2018 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 17-21, 2018

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone remember if the power at B7 (close to registration) is 30 or 50A?
20180906_103601[1].jpg

Clinto, don't forget to post up the waivers and such. If folks bring them completed, it would streamline things.
I'm working on them today. The rally has used my personal attorney for the last few years and that's been at a greatly reduced rate (i.e. I have essentially been paying for the rally's legal services on my account) but his practice is going through some partner changes and critical shortfalls and so that means our stuff kept getting pushed further and further back (i.e. the combining of the D-town and LRP waivers) so we've retained a new attorney who is going to do the waivers but at a higher cost.

I'm literally in front of my PC getting all the stuff to send to him. Hopefully I'll have the combined waiver next week and I'll post it here, the rally Facebook page and D-town's site. D-town has a new events coordinator, so how well the integration between rally mgmt. and D-town staff will work out is unknown.

At the last minute (Monday-Tuesday ish) of the rally week, I'll email a list of all the people who have pre-waivered to all the principals and I'll have hard paper copies with me Wednesday morning.

C

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Clinto. Grabbing an adapter so we can get power setup on Tuesday.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Donations & a charity sale are great ideas, I'll be happy to throw in some funds to help.
Is this going to happen, if so I have some 1/35 model kits nib and some in mid build if anybody is interested.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sad to report that due to work I will not actually be able to attend. But I WILL be following for your pictures, videos, and stories!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK y'all, I won't have any TVs to donate for the raffle this year but I think it's important for fellers to do whatever they can to help out with expenses, (attorney, insurance...etc.,).

I was going through some stuff the other day and found one of those impact wrenches that plugs into the 24V truck system (it works) and a brand new 24V solar battery charger still in the box. Also, I have a set of steps that I THINK may go to an MKT that I found in a scrap pile at a local facility.

I'm gonna donate that stuff for the raffle and may find a few more goodies to bring along.

Remember folks...if ya don't need/want it....someone else probably does so bring it along and donate it. NOTE: NO kitchen garbage, children, sick puppies, wives/husbands....you get the idea.:clinto::driver:

sandcobra164

PB, I'm going to buy you a steak dinner this year. Lee and the boy's didn't make the trip last year due to illness but I remember Briggs eating about half your steak in 2016.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know how long I will be there this year, finally got a lease on a railroad and have been busier than a quadriplegic that has fallen off a boat getting it back into shape.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to arrive at the event on Thursday, hopefully before noon & can only stat until Friday evening. Plans changed for a family event that was scheduled sooner & were having it on Saturday 10-20 for my 94 year old Grandmother that I do not want to miss. Anyone who I have spoken to about buying parts from you please message me so we can exchange contact info. I want to make sure I get with everyone & get them paid. Thanks guys. Donny

4671 Hybrid

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but are there any NC folks with the capability/desire to tow a M1083 back to NC with them after the rally? I'm overseas at the moment but will be back in Feb '19 and if my NC storage is out of your way, can come pick it up from your place...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks