• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Equipment trailer for m1070mo

tatra813

Looking for a equipment trailer that will haul a load of about 25k lb

Ive got a m1000 trailer but its too big for a lot of the jobs I do. I’m trying to figure a trailer I can use for the smaller jobs and pull with the m1070

Ive heard the m1070 doesn’t do well towing things from the Pindle hitch?

with that said most civilian trailers don’t have high enough height to tow from the 5th wheel hitch height on the m 1070. I do have a 2” hitch installed.

any ideas of a easy mod to a civilian trailer or a military trailer that will work
preferably around 30’ deck

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have an M747 60 ton trailer that will pull behind your M1070

Trailer will be provided with a good tile
Did you read his post ?
He already has a oversized trailer , he is looking for information on modding a light trailer to haul 12 1/2 tons .

Last edited by a moderator:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The m322 is capable of 30tons with dual heavy ply tires. It pulls from the pintle.

However the m322 and 25,000lbs will push a HET all over the road withthe lateral push on the air bag suspension. Just ask 73m819 about that.

The sell them out of Barstow on gov planet.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M747 trailer is considerably smaller than the M1000

Have a GREAT DAY!

Dave
48 foot long
11.5 foot wide
17 tons empty

Don't make much sense to buy a trailer that weighs 5 tons more than the load your hauling and has to have permits to move.

The Op is most likely going to have to have the gooseneck extended on a commercial trailer to fit his needs

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gents, this is NOT a WTB ad. Let's discuss the technical aspects and possible solutions, here.
No offering - no selling, please!

Thank you.

Scrounger

Not knowing the regulations in your area and what you are transporting this is just a thought. The M172 trailer is rated for 25K cross country, 30K on road. The overall length is 34’, the deck is only a little over 24’. That trailer may be too short for your needs though. It works well for bulldozers, loaders, excavators and things like that. It is just a little to short for say a road grader. A problem that you may encounter is the trailer is 115 1/8” wide. Not knowing the regulations in your area, I can’t offer an opinion. Some states allow permanent registration of oversize/ over width vehicles. For instance, Va. allows 90K registration for equipment hauling. They are very heavily built, can be side loaded and since they have a wooden deck can transport both tracked and wheeled vehicles. The ramps are not attached and are quite heavy. And as a plus the M172 has a reversible kingpin should you ever wish to put a 3 ½’ fifth wheel back on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks