• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2018 - February VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. stonewalljac
stonewalljac.jpg

2. willey10
willey10.jpg

3. Gunny 0369
Gunny 0369.jpg

4. Cape Coastie
Cape Coastie.jpg

5. thunderechief83
thunderechief83.jpg

6. Digger09
Digger09.jpg

7. Dozerman51
Dozerman51.jpg

8. Floridianson
Floridianson.jpg

9. wsucougarx
wsucougarx.jpg

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although all the vehicles presented for a vote are excellent examples, the Gamma Goat holds a special place in my heart. It is decked out just like those used during my time on the military. Thanks for all the efforts in restoring it, its a great example.

wsucougarx

Thank you Farmitall! Allot of work and went into this project. This has been, by far, my most favorite. A ton of research went into the gear that is adorned on this 1983 themed Goat. Every piece of field gear is dated 1983 or earlier as well as as most of the equipment. It took awhile to amass the "correct" gear and it was a labor of love. This is my Op Urgent Fury tribute truck. The last two pics are the blank canvas I had to work with. She sat out to pasture for a decade plus in the Idaho elements. She was a mess.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Here is my 1984 M923 with super singles. When I first saw her she had no engine or trans and the hood was in the bed. She looked pretty solid otherwise and made a deal with "Vintage Iron" and "Elidaclan" and bought her. The deal included removing the engine and trans from Vintage Irons M936 of the same vintage and put them in my truck. Then I would also assist in installing a Big Cam 400 into the M936. A lot of work for several weekends. Finally took her home and got a new coat of paint on her. Completed a lot of maintenance items and some extra bling. Have had her a numerous show including MA, RI and NH.
Here she is with some of her friends and some dash plaques she has received. So take a look and throw a vote my way if you like. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

stonewalljac

Hi I am Stonewalljac. My Jeep is a 1942 Ford Script jeep. It is an April 9th 1942 build. It is an all numbers matching GPW with all the "F" marked parts. it has ford script marked tires that were used at the time. It has the very early Kelsey Hayes solid dish wheels, that were delivered on early slat grill Mb and GPW Script jeeps. It is configured in numbering and dress of a WW2 issue H*LL ON WHEELS 2nd Armored Division 66th Armored Regiment Reconnaissance Company R-38 jeep. It has the wire cutter on the front. ( designed to help combat decapitation of the driver from enemy stringing wire across the roads. It has a belt feed Browning 1919 Machine gun mount on the center mount.with an BC 1000 radio set for communications.The Jeep was restored and given to my Dad on the anniversary of the D Day landings in 2006. He drove the jeep that is pictured in the Black and white photo below. This is an actual photo of my Dad driving off Omaha Beach on June 9th 1944. "Racy" is an exact copy of that jeep. RACY 003.jpgracy2.jpgracy3.jpgRacy 002.jpgDad R-38 Racy.jpgscan0003-2.jpgMy Dad picture taken in 1944 on Omaha Beach. and My Dad taken in 2006

Last edited:

m38inmaine

I proudly vote for my brothers M38, willy10. It was a frame off restoration with no detail over looked, several years in the making. When not involved in parades, veterans activities or rallies it sits in the local museum so all can appreciate it, good job!.

CMPPhil

Hi

Tough choice to make this month, group of great vehicles, bring on the photos, restoration history, and videos.

Cheers Phil

willey10

I got my M38 from an older friend of the family ,he asked me a bunch of questions like if I would ever offroad or go mudding with any of my stuff ( I don't do that kinda thing) he also asked if I was to get this Jeep from him what would I do to it.I told him a frame off restoration. I guess I answered his questions properly, he sold it to me really cheap with the stipulation I would do what I said. He didn't get to see it completely finished before he passed away it was about 2/3rds done ,the running gear was all done and painted .I was doing the body at the time of his death.He drove this from Fairbanks Alaska to Harrington Maine in 1980.He Had his wife following him with a pickup with a slide in camper they stayed in ,he would travel about 100 miles a day and took there time sometimes staying in one place for a few days. I have done multiple parades ,shows events I have taken the ashes of veterans to there grave in it,I have taken a Veteran out for a ride with his home health care nurses to his doctors appointment one of his last days on this earth. Then he had to have his picture taken with them.I even had one of my sons use it in there wedding.The M38 will be in the Burgess family for many more years I plan on handing it down to my children.001.jpgM38 Alaska Trip.png503.jpg499.jpg498.jpg167.jpg155.jpg105.jpg038.jpgsarge.jpg

Last edited:

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to admit, all are great builds, I love the Jeeps... But Im flat out in love with that Dodge........ cantt get itt out of my head........

Great job Dozer Im voting for you.

my 1983 M925A1 started of as just your regular troop carrier. first project was to add the supper singles bows and then the cargo cover. was happy with that for a little while but looked like everybody else's 5 ton. when I first got the truck it had a little leak coming from the PTO and I knew eventually I would have to fix the leak, well that little project turned into what I have today. removed the PTO and changed out the gasket but noticed that the floor board had rust issues where the battery cables went through the floor into the battery box. so the process began. removed the battery box welded in new patch plates, bed liner and installed 2 drivers chairs in the cab. always wanted to get the MRAP lights and finally found a good deal on them. when I finally got around to installing the lights had to reloom everything to make it fit the 5 ton and also had to fabricate a couple of patch cables to make everything fit in the cab of the truck. tool me a while but turned out great. after that I knew I wanted a gun truck to found a fake ma deuce for a decent price but wasn't what I expected, maybe that's why it was cheep. started modifying the 50 and got it where I wanted it and them started on the bed of the truck. took out the spare tire rack and then fabricated a walk way to access the bed of the truck from the front. then started building the gun box. did a lot of research about what the boxes were made of and then started the build. has not easy or fun but turned out pretty good. now I am just adding the small details and ammo cans, jerry cans and deco kit with other odds and ends to the back of the truck. lastly but not least. I really liked the old style MERDC camo and decided to paint her. I am sure there will be other stages to come for this truck. great truck with only about 8000 miles on it and runs great.IMG_0505.jpgIMG_1080.jpgIMG_1051.jpgIMG_1379.jpgIMG_1380.jpgIMG_1381.jpgIMG_1383.jpgIMG_1312.jpgIMG_1031.jpgIMG_1169.jpgIMG_1193.jpgIMG_1221.jpgIMG_1340.jpgIMG_1447.jpgIMG_1450.jpgIMG_1452.jpgIMG_1508.jpgIMG_1575.jpgIMG_1576.jpgIMG_1483.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm slow voting on this month's crop of outstanding candidates.

Not wishing anything bad on anyone, but by waiting maybe some SCANDAL will erupt and be exposed in the tabloids that will help me whittle the field down a little.

There is so much cream rising to the top here that it's hard to pick just ONE favorite.

I'm slow voting on this month's crop of outstanding candidates.

Not wishing anything bad on anyone, but by waiting maybe some SCANDAL will erupt and be exposed in the tabloids that will help me whittle the field down a little.

There is so much cream rising to the top here that it's hard to pick just ONE favorite.
Coldwarrior, if it makes your desission easier, I found jimmy hoffa in the back of my truck!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coldwarrior, if it makes your desission easier, I found jimmy hoffa in the back of my truck!
What a relief. Ol' Jimmy's been M.I.A. for a LOOOOOOONG time!

Having been raised in NJ, I have a pretty good idea as to where that guy has been all these years.

Now then.... as for voting......

Decisions, decisions! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks