• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC 1 Civilian Walkie Talkie Interface - WORKS!

The Veterans Garage

For those of you who may be interested, I've finished testing 2 new components for the VIC 1 intercom system

One that allows you to connect civilian Walkie / Talkies, the other connects your cell phone or other audio device to the VIC 1 system.

The first unit is a small interface box that you connect the CX4720 (4 pin) power cable to one on side, and the CX4723 (18 pin) on the other side. There is a civilian 5 Pin connector that accepts the headset cord connector available for all walkie talkie brands.

The second is a self contained 12v battery operated audio box. It contains a small rechargeable 12v battery, blue tooth audio card and amplifier. The box picks up your cell phone signal and amplifies the output. A cable from the this box to the VIC 1 interface and from there to the VIC 1 unit - brings your cell safely into the VIC 1 system. SO....you can use your cell hands free through the VIC 1 headset, or connect to an external speaker - or both.

I've got complete VIC 1 sets including all cables, so you can buy the whole package or just the parts you need. I also have some mounting brackets I designed that make installation of the system simpler even in soft top vehicles.

If you'd like to know more, please PM me.

Thanks -

Joe Werner
The Veterans Garage

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks