Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Maryland doesnt want me to own a Deuce!

Thanks

The duce met safety standards of the day for the medium duty class of vehicles. They should be grandfathered in. When I tried to register my lmtv I was told the same thing as your document showed. new mv's couldn't be registered because of the off road restriction. I pointed out my sf 97 says nothing about off road only my clerk made a call to anchorage and a half hour later told me to come get my tags. Not all public servants are idiots they just work off paper work given to them. Remember the old saying about computers garbage in equals garbage out. I was told later the memo came out wrong because they didn't realize hmmwv's and sees were the only vehicles coming out with that restriction. the state can always add to the federal standard but can not retract from it. In your case they might want split braking, abs additional lighting safety belts and a colapsable steering column, but its not likely usually older vehicles are grandfathered in.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snowtrac nome For This Useful Post:

Merc1973 (06-13-2018), SCSG-G4 (03-01-2018), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (02-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 1,347 Posts

[QUOTE=montaillou;21099
    Last edited by 98G; 02-27-2018 at 23:56. Reason: Deleted

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post
    It seems someone from MSP sent out something that isnít correct. First thing to remember is when dealing with ďthoseĒ people at the MVAís is donít say anything that isnít necessary. In Maryland to register a vehicle historic it must be at least twenty years old for 10K and under. If it is over 10K it must be at least twenty-five, thanks to a guy running a dump truck commercially on historic tags. When they ask you what it is tell them it is a Jeep truck if it is a Kaiser-Jeep. They donít have Kaiser in the database. As already posted it is better to go to one of the tag and title places. For a few extra dollars itís worth not having to deal with a Maryland MVA.
    Yup. In 2013 Mine was registered as Historic as a "Jeep" since it's a Kaiser-jeep and the weight: 000000 lbs.

12 Minute Tag and Title in Glen Burnie is fantastic to deal with. I have only been to the MVA once when moving to MD for a DL and will avoid it at any cost.

Hope you got your title. I use Gulfway Insurance and can't beat the price.
    Last edited by Merc1973; 06-13-2018 at 15:17.
    Tim

1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 WO/W, White LD-465-1C, 3LM
    -319 Turbo (D)

,[____l,
    _-o||||o-_
    ()_)ĮĮ )_)

Thanks

Update: I do have the title now guys, (2 months later). Bummer is it does NOT have a 17 digit VIN. Sooo Im not sure what they are going to look at or register it as. Ive read they combine 2 numbers?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hometown For This Useful Post:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior (06-14-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 1,347 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    Update: I do have the title now guys, (2 months later). Bummer is it does NOT have a 17 digit VIN. Sooo Im not sure what they are going to look at or register it as. Ive read they combine 2 numbers?
    None of them have a 17digit VIN. If you find one that does, it's been tampered with to meet DMV expectations.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 98G For This Useful Post:

clinto (06-15-2018)

Thanks

Thats what I was hoping because it belonged to MDNG. Oh well. Ill see what the title place says in the coming weeks.

Colonel
    Thanks

Not a problem. In every one of my 3 hmmwv registrations, one as recent as two months ago, they have simply used the 6 digit serial number.

Thanks

Ok perfect! Thanks fellas. Means a lot to me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4