• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did the supply of M101A2s and 3s dry up??

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven’t seen any at auction for quite some time now.
Wanting another one and none to be found at auction.
I know there are plenty for sale from individuals, but I prefer mine straight from Military.

GP was selling them weekly and then they slowed to a trickle and now nothing.

Anyone seen any sitting in a lot on Post waiting for auction?
When at RRAD a few months ago, I didn’t see any
Surplus parts are also scarce, but that’s another story.

Very glad I bought mine when I did.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn’t see that one.

Maybe their like the 5 tons.
Very few for auction every week now, but I see dozens upon dozens in the background of the GP pictures.

Same story with the M105A2’s.
They were almost giving them away not long ago and now it’s a few here and there.
Definitely not cheap anymore.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
DRMO wise they are gone, may still be a few scattered on bases but like the northern white rhino not there. Best bet would be GSA or GOV Deals.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can find them for sale from private sellers all day long.
I’m talking about government (Military) owned ones that come up for auction.....or used too.

I don’t “need” another one, I “want” another one and prefer my rolling stock straight from Military, not private owners.
That’s just me.

I’ll keep watching the auctions.

TacMac2012

What is the difference in buying from the military or private owner? Quite often you can get better price from an individual because auction prices go ridiculous.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can find them for sale from private sellers all day long.
I’m talking about government (Military) owned ones that come up for auction.....or used too.

I don’t “need” another one, I “want” another one and prefer my rolling stock straight from Military, not private owners.
That’s just me.

I’ll keep watching the auctions.
They will be like the deuces , the big run ended 7 or 8 years ago , but every now and then one pops up that some unit never turned in .

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the difference in buying from the military or private owner? Quite often you can get better price from an individual because auction prices go ridiculous.
That’s my personal preference.

Around here, the prices are always much higher than auction prices.
I’ve seen some good deals but in the wrong areas.
Transport costs kills the deal.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The difference is frequently that private owners have "improved" them by means of hacking up the wiring and related "upgrades"....

(Of course there are exceptions)

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1500# axles to lower them?
Plural?
1500lb axle is way light on a trailer that weights almost that empty.

Almost all private ones I’ve seen have been jacked with in one way or another.
Hence....Wanting it straight from Military.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I travel all over the Army and I don’t see many at active duty post or RC installations any more. Usually when I see a 101 or a 105 it’s sitting alone in the back of a motor pool looking all sad and neglected. I agree with porkysplace statement above, there are some out there, but they’ve mostly dried up. The USMC had a bunch too, and I have no idea how many they have left sitting around. Id like to find an M101A3 for a good price. I had a really nice 101A2 I picked up from GL in AK for around $500, but sadly I think the days of those prices are long gone.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I travel all over the Army and I don’t see many at active duty post or RC installations any more. Usually when I see a 101 or a 105 it’s sitting alone in the back of a motor pool looking all sad and neglected. I agree with porkysplace statement above, there are some out there, but they’ve mostly dried up. The USMC had a bunch too, and I have no idea how many they have left sitting around. Id like to find an M101A3 for a good price. I had a really nice 101A2 I picked up from GL in AK for around $500, but sadly I think the days of those prices are long gone.
Exactly the info I was looking for.

I knew when I was at RRAD and didn’t see a single one......that wasn’t good.
Of course there they would probably scrap them.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Jeepers pay more for a good clean 101A2 than a nice 1101/1102. They are a nice light, perfect trail/adventure trailer.

They wont be getting any cheaper if the auctions have dried up. As an owner of 4 of them, I can’t say I’m too upset about that! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks